Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

problems with hubby and the surrogacy idea

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:12 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 188 Total Views
Ok one more thing before I sign off for the night lol.  I have a pretty big issue with my husbands reason for suporting my desicion to be a surrogate.  He is more interested in the finacial asspect than the actual process.  It bugs the crap outa me that when I want to talk about this with him the first thing he brings up is how much they may pay.  I want him to want to support me and to want to help someone like I do.  How do I get him to see that this isn't for the money the way he sees it?  Has anyone ever had this problem with their dh?  How do I aproach this subject with him?  Alright well off to bed lol.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MsTexUSMC
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:27 PM
Think about it like this... they get close to us when we are pg with our own...but not to the full extent that we always like. They are not going to get close to a pgcy that has nothing to do with them at all. I'm sure he supports you and when you need him during the pgcy he will be there to help. But yes...they see the $$ signs....that's all mine did the first time, and he was still very supportive of everything that I did.

You just have to see his side as well, it's not his kid...nore is it yours,
WhirledPeace
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 11:53 PM
A lot of hubbys seem to feel the same way.  It isn't necessarily bad, he just seems a different "good" part of the process.  You get to help your family (which I hope he's concerned about) but fulfilling a dream of yours (which I'm sure he wants you to do).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)