Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why so rude?!?!?!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 2:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 263 Total Views
I waitress on the weekends at a local club.  I love the scene, it gets me out of the house, and I know that I'm contributing to the family.  I've waitressed or worked in an environment where the majority of my income, if not all of it, is from tips.  I know what I'm doing.  However, I just need to know :

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN WE WOMEN GO OUT, WE TREAT OUR SERVERS LIKE TRASH?!?!?!  WHY MUST WE SHOVE THE "I'M BETTER THAN YOU" ATTITUDE ALL OVER ANOTHER WOMAN THAT'S PROBABLY GOT SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES, AS MUCH AS WE DO?!?!?!  WHY?

I'm not a rude person, I never try to upset or hurt anyone and I will always state my opinion as long as it's still legal.                              ~Love, Angel~

by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ginny19
by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 2:16 PM
You ask an excellent question.  Personally, I always treat servers with courtesy and respect.  I try to practice treating others as I wish to be treated.

However, from the other side, here's another question:
Why do some servers feel as though we are a nuisance and interruption to them?  Why?
When I encounter a server like that, I will still be courteous, giving them the benefit of the doubt, thinkin they may be having a bad day.  HOWEVER, it does not give them the right to treat me like crap.  I will do whatever I am able to not take their behavior personally, but when they neglect the customers, then I have reported it to management.  It takes a LOT for me to do this, and I've done it only a couple times, but it was definitely warranted.

I will also report excellent service to management, too, and always add "give that person a raise!".
waysmama
by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 2:36 PM
oh, i agree!  i only treat customers 'badly' if they treat me badly.  (example : i had a set of tables reserved for regulars and a group of ppl come in, see the reserved signs and pick them up and toss them in the trash.  i still politely ask them if they need anything clean the table from time to time and a guy buys a $12 drink and hands me a $5 bill after i've said the price 3xs.  then, gets histerical after i explain to him why it's the price it is and how i told him how much it is before i went and paid for it out of my pocket and he owes me the rest of the money.  for the rest of the night, i ignored their presence other than to walk around them and keep the area clean because that is my job.  he didn't tip me that time and no one else in the group with him ever acknowledged me.  oh, and the regulars that i had the tables reserved for are ticked at me now, too.  they deserved the little rudeness that i handed out.)    one table of customers treating someone badly or a bad day never gives me or any other server the 'right' to treat anyone like trash and that goes for the opposite, as well! 

I'm not a rude person, I never try to upset or hurt anyone and I will always state my opinion as long as it's still legal.                              ~Love, Angel~

TristanAlex
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2007 at 9:02 AM
Once a few years back I went out was seated and for 15 minutes not one waitress came to the table.....then when she did she paid a little to much attention to my date and was really rude to me.  So I left her a penny tip and reported her to the manager.....that was the only time I ever did anything like that. 
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
 Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

waysmama
by on Aug. 27, 2007 at 9:10 AM
omg!  for YEARS i refused to go to a restaurant in my town because i'd been there 5 times and never once was the service good (different servers every time) and most of the trips the food sucked, too.  but everyone said it's amazing and just didn't understand so i went when i was preggo.  it was hubby and i, we sat there and i was just SOOOOO  thirsty, needed just a glass of water, and after 20 minutes NO ONE said anything to us, we were seated by a hostess, and while we walked out i was so angry that when they said "thanks for blah blah blah" i turned around and yelled some dirty stuff.  i was so angry!  it was the middle of the summer in the south, i was thirsty, pregnant, had a headache, and hubby had whined to go there for weeks so i finally gave in.  i was TICKED.

SEXYNMARRIED
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2007 at 11:21 PM

I HAVE BEEN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE. I'VE BEEN THE WAITRESS WAITING ON THE CUSTOMER TRYING TO GIVE QUALITY SERVICE WORKING FOR  A TIP AND HOPING FOR THE BIG TIPPER. I'VE ALSO BEEN THE CUSTOMER WHO GIVES A GOOD TIP WHEN I HAVE IT BUT WHEN I DON'T HAVE IT HELL I DON'T HAVE IT. I NEVER GIVE ATTITUDE UNLESS IT'S GIVEN TO ME. I'M JUST THE TYPE THAT TREATS PEOPLE THE WAY THEY TREAT ME. ALL I CAN REALLY SAY ABOUT WOMEN TOOTING THEIR NOSES UP LIKE THEY'RE BETTER IS  IT'S BULL SHIT. BECAUSE I KNOW  THE NEXT BITCH STRUGGLES JUST LIKE I DO.  AND I KNOW PEOPLE MIGHT BE UP FOR A MINUTE BUT WHAT GO'S UP MUST COME DOWN. AND I CAN REALLY CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT THE NEXT BITCH THINKS OF ME OR IF SHE EVEN THINKS SHE'S BETTER BECAUSE THE BITCH DON'T DO SHIT FOR ME.  AND IF I REALLY WANTED TO BE A SMART ASS I WOULD JUS GIVE ANOTHER SERVER THE TABLE SHE'S SITTING AT. HELL FUCK HER AND HER PUNK ASS 2 DOLLAR TIP IF SHE WAS GOING TO EVEN LEAVE THAT. LOL.

AS A WOMEN IN THE TIMES WE'RE LIVING IN SELF ESTEEM IS EVERYTHING AND LIKE  THE COMEDIAN KAT WILLIAMS SAID IT'S THE ESTEEM OF YOUR MOTHER FU**ING SELF. YOU COULD BE THE MOST BEASTLY THING BUT AS LONG AS YOU WALK WITH YOUR HEAD HIGH AND WITH THE FU** WAT EVERYBODY ELSE SAYS OR THINKS ABOUT ME I AM EVERYTHING U WANT TO BE ATTITUDE ANOTHER BITCH SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TELL YOU NOTHIN. AND IT'S TRUE THE LONGER YOU CARRY A CERTAIN ATTITUDE IT WILL SURELY BECOME WHO YOU ARE. I COULD WRITE PAGES ON THIS BUT I'LL STOP HERE. LOL!

lioness3e
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 9:15 PM
I have always treated my servers with respect...if they are not on top of their game I will make it known in a kind way.

Now, when I was a Truck Driver(15 yrs ago pre-kids) and my server treated me like trash at the truck stops I left them a penny to let them know they sucked....they'd talk to and ask my ex-husband what he wanted and would start walking away- I sat there like WTF? I'd stop them and read the riot act to them.....and get the supervior involved. Needless, to say I got my meal free and not even a penny was left for servers like that. It happen twice at the same place.

So IMO, it goes both ways.....

Simplify- Throw Everything Out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)