Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Politics

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2007 at 12:40 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 288 Total Views
Ok...so I live in NH and Barak Obama(sp) came into the resturant that i work in part time this morning.  I'm in the bar having a couple, and a couple of the regulars are asking me who I am voting for, I tell them Gulianni (sp).  All of a sudden, I have become a heathen cannibal from hell???   Tell me why, just because you are conservative (and apparently the only one right in your own mind) do you think you have the right to judge me and down talk to me because i am not.  Big deal i am an independant liberal.  That means i vote on issues based on the bloody issue as opposed to it being drafted by my party????  please...what parties are you ladies and what do you think? 
by on Sep. 4, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lioness3e
by on Sep. 16, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Thats funny- they think just because they come into a bar EVERYONE is going to vote for this guys or agree with him?......how unrealistic- I applaude you for standing up for  your right to vote for who you feel best to serve our country....I'd vote for Rudy myself ...still researching other canidiates(sp) before making up my mind.

Simplify- Throw Everything Out!

proud2Bmomma
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 12:25 PM
I'm a republican by default.  No candidate will ever be conservative enough to represent me so I vote my conscience in the primaries and vote by electability in the major elections.  I just don't want a democrat.  In my opinion, Guilliani is not conservative enough to be a republican.  But he has a better chance of getting elected if he runs as one.  BTW - I'm from Illinois and Barak Obama has done nothing for this state as our Senator.  The day he got elected, he started running for president.  Anyone who could vote for him when he basically has ZERO tract record, in my opinion, hasn't investigated him enough.  And, I'm NOT going to elect a Muslim as president. 

Kelly T
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . .
It's about learning to dance in the rain!!!
Come join my group Just Moms. All will be respected!!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/proud2Bmomma

Wolfmomma1997
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 3:34 PM

Quoting proud2Bmomma:

I'm a republican by default.  No candidate will ever be conservative enough to represent me so I vote my conscience in the primaries and vote by electability in the major elections.  I just don't want a democrat.  In my opinion, Guilliani is not conservative enough to be a republican.  But he has a better chance of getting elected if he runs as one.  BTW - I'm from Illinois and Barak Obama has done nothing for this state as our Senator.  The day he got elected, he started running for president.  Anyone who could vote for him when he basically has ZERO tract record, in my opinion, hasn't investigated him enough.  And, I'm NOT going to elect a Muslim as president. 

Kelly T

I didn't really have a problem with his relgion, however what he thinks is important is VERY different than what I think is important...AND knowing that he did nothing while in the senate makes me even less inclined to be drawn to his cause! 

Never under~estimate the power of stupid people in large groups! 

You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing!

God gave men two heads and only enough blood to power one at a time~~Robin Williams 

Mom, girls have cooties but you don't because you are not a girl!~~My son :)

momma_2_3
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 3:40 PM
Vote for who you feel the need to vote for... but please know Barac Obama is not a Muslim... and even if he was that shouldn't make a difference in him running for president.... anyone is better than bush...
Quoting proud2Bmomma:

Kelly T

Wolfmomma1997
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Quoting momma_2_3:

Vote for who you feel the need to vote for... but please know Barac Obama is not a Muslim... and even if he was that shouldn't make a difference in him running for president.... anyone is better than bush...
Quoting proud2Bmomma:

Kelly T

AMEN!!!!!  lol

Never under~estimate the power of stupid people in large groups! 

You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing!

God gave men two heads and only enough blood to power one at a time~~Robin Williams 

Mom, girls have cooties but you don't because you are not a girl!~~My son :)

proud2Bmomma
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 5:09 PM
I'm sorry, but you aren't accurate when you state he isn't a Muslim.  He may not be a very good Muslim but his background is grounded in Islam.  He even attended a Muslim school in the history of his education.  He may be trying to distance himself from that at this point but he can't deny his history.  And, I don't have a problem with others not caring about the religion of a candidate.  But that is part of the criteria I look at when voting for someone.  (BTW - I did not vote for Clinton even though he was a Baptist.)

Kelly T

proud2Bmomma
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 5:22 PM
Let me stand corrected just a bit.  This is a quote from Wikipedia.

In Chapter 6 of the book, titled "Faith," Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian step-father as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." The chapter details how Obama, in his twenties, while working with local churches as a community organizer, came to understand "the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change." Obama writes: "It was because of these newfound understandings—that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved—that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized."[134]

So his father was Muslim, and he attended an elementary school in Jakarta but he is claiming to be nonreligious but he was baptized in the United Church of Christ?  He also does not specify what these "newfound understandings" are.  Okay.  Further reason why I wouldn't vote for him.  One's religious beliefs are very important to me and Obama would not properly represent me.

Kelly T

zionsmama513
by Member on Sep. 26, 2007 at 5:30 PM
Say what you want, but I think no matter who gets into office next -- we are in trouble.  I have to wonder what motivates some of the canidates to even run.  While I am not a liberal I am not completely conservative either. 

I do feel that the land of Israel DOES NOT belong to the Palestinians.  If Obama gets into office I have a suspicion he won't give a rats ass about Israel.  That said.  Obama does not get my vote this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN