Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Ways to countdown to your vacation

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 9:27 AM
  • 15 Replies

I was googling ways to countdown our trip for the kids and came across this website that makes personalized Disney countdown calenders...

http://disney.go.com/magicartist/calendars/index.html

What other ways do you all use to have a fun countdown to vacation???

by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robin
by Robin on Oct. 20, 2009 at 11:13 AM

you rock 

Thanks for posting this!

Here are some more Disney tickers:

Free Disney Tickers

I should create one for our next trip - we're going in February - Woo-Hoo!!

Thanks again,

Robin

Zookeeperof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I remember that a mom had a post of how they countdown...like they would have a movie night, a special meal using a disney meal recipe from their fav restaurant..ect.  But I cant find where I had seen it.....I have even googled it but get nowhere. 

Zookeeperof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Get the Kids Excited About a Disney World Vacation

July 16th, 2009 ยท No Comments

Go on...I know you want to yell it, "We're Going to Disney World!"  So, you booked your trip and now you wait until it is time to go on your vacation.  Why not make the waiting fun, too!  You can get the kids involved at home and have some fun while you countdown your trip to Disney World.  Here are some of our favorite family activities to help countdown to your Disney World vacation:

Have a movie night - Find your favorite Disney Classic movie or Disney-Pixar movie, pop some popcorn, and have a Disney Movie Night.  Just calling it Disney Movie Night will get everyone excited!

Plan you Theme Park days - Pull out the guide maps to the Disney Theme Parks and have each family member pick out their favorite 3 rides to enjoy during your vacation.  This will help maximize your time at the parks by hitting only the family's favorites and will get everyone excited about your trip.

Have a Themed Dinner - My youngest loves Alice in Wonderland!  We will often have a night that we call the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party.  We make sandwiches, fruit, and tea punch.  We find out favorite hats and all join in on the fun!

Decorate your Car - If you are driving, go buy some shoe polish (the stick kind) and let the kids decorate your windows with fun sayings like "Mickey Mouse here we come" or "Running on Tinkerbell Dust".  The kids will love decorating your car and it will wash right off with the rain or water.

danielsmommy2b
by Member on Oct. 20, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I'm making a countdown calendar thing out of some poster board. I haven't made it yet and I'm not exactly sure how it'll look, but it'll be counting down from 30 days. I will post a photo when I get done. (It will b done soon, we have 46 days to go!).

danielsmommy2b
by Member on Oct. 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Here is ours. I started at 45 days (which is today)! My 5 year old helped me out. It looks ok, I think!

Zookeeperof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Hey thats great!  Now does anything pull off or it all stays stuck? 

Zookeeperof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Hey do you have a mickey head puncher????    I can see your throw away in the pic so I wondered did you cut them all by hand.  I am a scrap booker and I was wondering if anyone has found the mickey gloved hands for scrapping. 

danielsmommy2b
by Member on Oct. 21, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Quoting Zookeeperof4:

Hey do you have a mickey head puncher????    I can see your throw away in the pic so I wondered did you cut them all by hand.  I am a scrap booker and I was wondering if anyone has found the mickey gloved hands for scrapping. 

Yes! I found it at Michael's craft store (they have them at Hobby Lobby as well!). I bought it for my daughter's 2nd birthday party "stuff". It was $5 after my 50% off coupon. All of it is "stuck" on, I'm going to use a big Sharpie and X it off every day.

Zookeeperof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2009 at 11:09 PM

That is so cool.....and are they disney head stickers?  I mena to say what did you use for the big squares...I am so glad I made my calender and that you shared yours...it is so fun to see everyones creative side..LOL

danielsmommy2b
by Member on Oct. 22, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Quoting Zookeeperof4:

That is so cool.....and are they disney head stickers?  I mena to say what did you use for the big squares...I am so glad I made my calender and that you shared yours...it is so fun to see everyones creative side..LOL

Too funny! The pictures are actually a piece of scrapbook paper that I found at Michael's. It had like 48 sqaures, in which I used 45 so it worked great. My 5 year old helped me cut and glue them. Last night we "Xed" day 45 off, and he was thrilled! We hung it on our pantry door! So, 44 days to go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)