Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disneyland in Anaheim California

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

My husband and i want to take our kids to disneyland in california  for Christmas around Dec 22-24 and wanted to know what are the hours like around that time and does it get very crowed?  Thank you

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
caemommy
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Hours don't seem to be posted on the disneyland.com site yet, but it's over holiday vacation, so it will probably be 8a - midnight. And yes, it will be very crowded during that time.

Emme_E
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I used to live in Anaheim, and can tell you it does get very crowded during Christmas.  Usually after Christmas is worse.  We used to like going on Christmas eve.. The decorations are great. 

mommy2131
by Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM

thank you  ladies. So does it get pretty crowed around the first week of dec. or thanksgiving weekend. Also When is the park complete decorated for xmas like the santa and reindeer? I have been there once for xmas long time ago. Thanks.

Emme_E
by Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I don't think I've ever been over thanksgiving. The first week in Dec will be good for low crowds.  Things are usually decorated before thanksgiving.  I think the candlelight processional doesn't start until afte thanksgiving.  I love disneyland at christmas.  It's always so pretty..

We are going to WDW over thanksgiving week.  I'm expecting crowdes, so I think it'll be fun.  

Tracelene
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Yes, hours will be extended and it will be crowded that close to Christmas.

The  CANDLELIGHT SPECTACULAR AT DISNEYLAND will be Sunday December 6, 2009.

~Tracy~

Avid Disney fans, join us at: www.mymickeytrip.com!

JohnnySophiamom
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Quoting Tracelene:

Yes, hours will be extended and it will be crowded that close to Christmas.

The  CANDLELIGHT SPECTACULAR AT DISNEYLAND will be Sunday December 6, 2009.

~Tracy~

Avid Disney fans, join us at: http://www.mymickeytrip.com/!

We are annual passholders, but I never have heard about the Candlight Spectacular at Disneyland... What is it? At what time does it start?

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Candlelight Ceremony

Celebrate with this ceremony, which has been a Disneyland® Park tradition for over 45 years, featuring a 600-member choir accompanied by the Disneyland® Orchestra, along with a celebrity Guest Narrator who will retell the story of "The First Christmas" in a powerful tapestry of narrative and music. This year, Guests can experience the Disneyland® Resort's Candlelight Ceremony in a whole new light. For an extra special treat, ring in the holiday season with a Candlelight Dinner Package, which includes a special dinner at one of five restaurants at the Resort, followed by premium seating of this year's Candlelight Ceremony.

TICKETS:
Access to view the ceremony is included with regular Theme Park admission. However, due to the popularity of the event, arriving at the area in advance is highly recommended.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)