Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

We will be going to Disney Magic Kingdon Nov 20th for my son's 7th Birthday. Kind of bummed because his favorite ride Space mountain will be closed but that night they have Mickeys Christmas Party. I was just curious if it was worth the extra money and what some of you thought of it. We love Christmas and from what we've seen it looks like it will be so much fun. Just wanted some opinions and some tips for the party if anyone has any :) Thanks

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matofour
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM

are you only going for the day?  Are you going to be in the park all day?

Yes, it is worth it in my opinion, we LOVE the xmas party.  But, we usually only do the party at night, and relax during the day.

Megara
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM

If you are only going to the park that one day and do not have annual/seasonal passes, I recommend ONLY buying party tickets--your party ticket will admit you to Magic Kingdom at 4:00.  The party begins at 7:00 and goes to midnight.  The park will close at 7:00 to guests without a party ticket.  Christmas Party tickets are cheaper than a one day park ticket!

Or if you are getting his free ticket for his birthday and don't mind spending a little extra, you could start out the day at a different park, then use your party ticket to go to Magic Kingdom anytime after 4:00.

tamjay1013
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:16 PM

We will be at the park all day celebrating my sons Birthday, that was the original plan then I seen that same night they do the Christmas party. Hopefully it won't be too much, we were at Disney in January for a week so we will be taking it easy and try to just have a nice relaxing time. We definitely will be taking breaks  because when we go I will almost be 8 months pregnant. I'm excited and I just hope the party is worth it. :)  Was there anything anybody didn't like about the party?

JustGail
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM

we did the christmas part two years ago - and we LOVED it!  The parade is wonderful and the special Holiday Wishes is worth the rpice of admission all on its own.

lots of cute little extras........a special in front of the castle character show........and places all over to have hot coco and cookies........

I strongly suggest doing it!

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

Jbean603
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:31 PM

what about the fireworks? Are they crazy packed with people?

Jillian

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me...you may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

~Walt Disney

matofour
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM

the fireworks have always been packed when we have been there.

But, they only do them once, so everyone wants to see them.

we find the second parade to be EMPTY!  We have walked up last minute and gotten a spot on the curb to watch the parade. 

Quoting Jbean603:

Jillian

Jbean603
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM

that's good to know...better to plan with...going earlier in the month, but still, better off knowing ahead.

Jillian

Quoting matofour:

the fireworks have always been packed when we have been there.

But, they only do them once, so everyone wants to see them.

we find the second parade to be EMPTY!  We have walked up last minute and gotten a spot on the curb to watch the parade. 

Quoting Jbean603:

Jillian

Deezeekay
by Member on Nov. 11, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Went to the Christmas Party last night-got in at 4, rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain (a total of 5 times), Did the Pirates Ride, Buzz Ride, People Mover, Laugh Factory, Peter Pan ride, Jungle Cruise-looked at my watch and it was almost 6:00  Went to the Castle to watch the lighting of the Castle at 6:30-that was so much fun.  It started to rain shortly thereafter. Stayed around for the show after the castle was lit up, did all the indoor activites that we could-inside the store where you can meet the Fairies and Princesses, the employes were playing games with everyone, reading stories, handing out buttons, and a mouse from Cinderella was roaming around taking pictures and catching toddlers off guard and playing with them.  I took my coffee thermos so I could fill up my cup with hot cocoa, and a rather large empty container to fill up with cookies-there were hardly no lines for the refreshments and they gave us double the amount of cookies I asked for. The Parade was charming as always, and the fireworks was a blast as usual!  We also show our passes and got the free child's tickets to see the Princess Frog movie (we only needed one-we received 4???-so I'll give the other three to friends). I also love the Chrismas DJ they had at the Starlight cafe-Goofy, the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts were all in the middle of the kids and the adults dancing away! And the DJ was playing music from Radio Disney.  There was so much to do-even in the rain!       

Jbean603
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Awesome!! I never even thought about the rain...was it raining when they did the fireworks? How does that work? That's so cool they gave you extras...score!

Jillian

Quoting Deezeekay:

Went to the Christmas Party last night-got in at 4, rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain (a total of 5 times), Did the Pirates Ride, Buzz Ride, People Mover, Laugh Factory, Peter Pan ride, Jungle Cruise-looked at my watch and it was almost 6:00  Went to the Castle to watch the lighting of the Castle at 6:30-that was so much fun.  It started to rain shortly thereafter. Stayed around for the show after the castle was lit up, did all the indoor activites that we could-inside the store where you can meet the Fairies and Princesses, the employes were playing games with everyone, reading stories, handing out buttons, and a mouse from Cinderella was roaming around taking pictures and catching toddlers off guard and playing with them.  I took my coffee thermos so I could fill up my cup with hot cocoa, and a rather large empty container to fill up with cookies-there were hardly no lines for the refreshments and they gave us double the amount of cookies I asked for. The Parade was charming as always, and the fireworks was a blast as usual!  We also show our passes and got the free child's tickets to see the Princess Frog movie (we only needed one-we received 4???-so I'll give the other three to friends). I also love the Chrismas DJ they had at the Starlight cafe-Goofy, the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts were all in the middle of the kids and the adults dancing away! And the DJ was playing music from Radio Disney.  There was so much to do-even in the rain!       

tamjay1013
by Member on Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Does  anybody know if  Space Mountain will still be closed on the 20th or maybe they will get done with it earlier?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)