Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to disney in dec(breastfeeding and also shades of green)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

k so am going dec 4 to mk,,dec5to ak, and the 6th to epcot. now i ahve anissue. i exclusevely pump for my ds.so i have to pump evry 4 hrs. now am wondeing if they would put any problm for me bringing the pump and also i know they have the nestle baby centers,. do u think they would let me kkeo the pump there and also if they have a samll fridge if i can keep the milk i pump? if not i cna take a small cooler. thanks also does anyone know how much and e5 pays for a room in sog?

i am a sahm and not loving it that much, prolife,progay marriage, immigration supported, gun supporter, feed your baby what you want, erf,spanking non cio, coseeping kinda of mom in love with a u.s marine.
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macmom3
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I'm not sure about the entire leaving the pump there and storing milk, but I can tell you breastfeeding at WDW is very easy. I was nursing our little one who was 3 month last year when we went. I would go into the Nestle center, on rides if dark (Pirates, The little Mermaid Show, The Great Movie ride etc...) or in a corner when we were eating at CS. I also would  go t o benches away from people and nurse her under a blanket. She was the easiest of all 3 kids last year.

piwife
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Quoting macmom3:

I'm not sure about the entire leaving the pump there and storing milk, but I can tell you breastfeeding at WDW is very easy. I was nursing our little one who was 3 month last year when we went. I would go into the Nestle center, on rides if dark (Pirates, The little Mermaid Show, The Great Movie ride etc...) or in a corner when we were eating at CS. I also would  go t o benches away from people and nurse her under a blanket. She was the easiest of all 3 kids last year.

the thing is my son doesnt latch on. i been eping for 8 mts now.  iw iosh he did. it woul make nf alot easier

i am a sahm and not loving it that much, prolife,progay marriage, immigration supported, gun supporter, feed your baby what you want, erf,spanking non cio, coseeping kinda of mom in love with a u.s marine.
Megara
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I have been nursing Katherine at Disney World for two years now.  I have seen moms pumping in the nursing rooms at the Baby Care Centers many times--one mom asked if I minded if she watched Katherine nurse because it helped to get her milk flowing.  I do not believe you can leave anything in the Baby Care Centers, though.  You can bring a cooler, and you can either carry it with you, or rent a locker to store it in.

cat323
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM

E5 for a :

standard room---$95/night

poolside---$105/night

family jr suite---$250/night

family suite---$275/night

Shades is our home away from home so feel free to ask me anything....we've been going there since it opened in 94!

Shades of GreenĀ® Resort on WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort official website is the only Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) locate...

CAT....mom to: DS(22) DS (20) DS (18) DS (15 1/2)

ABNMommy
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I've breastfed my kids all over WDW and nobody has ever made a rude comment or remark.  Just be discrete and cover up.  I got a wonderful nursing shawl from One Step Ahead.

ABNMommy
piwife
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Quoting ABNMommy:

I've breastfed my kids all over WDW and nobody has ever made a rude comment or remark.  Just be discrete and cover up.  I got a wonderful nursing shawl from One Step Ahead.

i would, excpet for the fact i only pump

Rillsung
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I can help with the pumping question!  At least mostly.  I exclusively pumped for my daughter and we did do a trip to DisneyLAND while I was pumping.  I would guess that it's pretty much the same.  You will have no problem taking it into the parks but there will be no place for you to store the pump.  We kept it under the stroller the whole time (man those things get heavy!)  There also is no place to store milk so we took a small lunchbox type cooler.  I was able to get ice from the first aid station any time I needed it (first aid stations are next to the baby centers).  You will have to open the cooler and pump bag, but it's not a big deal.   I don't know how the nursing centers are at WDW, but at Disneyland, they basicly had a stall that was curtained off where you could nurse our outlets to plug a pump into.  I peeked into the nursing room at the MK and it was basicly just one big room with a bunch of rocking chairs.  If it's not private enough (personally, I think that pumping is different than nursing and way more exposed) you could ask at the first aid station if they have a room.... Just a thought.  I did this at Knotts Berry Farm during that Disneyland trip because their baby changing area SUCKED...  I pumped in what was basicly a bathroom stall and no a/c so it was soooo hot and uncomfortable so after that I tried the first aid station. 

The dis has more info on baby centers:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/baby-care-centers.htm

Megara
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM

The nursing rooms at MK and Epcot are both one room with several rocking chairs, and there are outlets in both for a plug.  AK has two private nursing rooms, very good sized, haven't noticed if they have outlets but I bet they do.  Studios is the worst--two rooms the size of a bathroom stall partitioned off from the rest of Baby Care with a curtain.  Not sure if they have outlets.

Like I said, I have seen several women pumping in the large nursing rooms, sometimes they turn to the wall, sometimes they don't.

Quoting Rillsung:

I can help with the pumping question!  At least mostly.  I exclusively pumped for my daughter and we did do a trip to DisneyLAND while I was pumping.  I would guess that it's pretty much the same.  You will have no problem taking it into the parks but there will be no place for you to store the pump.  We kept it under the stroller the whole time (man those things get heavy!)  There also is no place to store milk so we took a small lunchbox type cooler.  I was able to get ice from the first aid station any time I needed it (first aid stations are next to the baby centers).  You will have to open the cooler and pump bag, but it's not a big deal.   I don't know how the nursing centers are at WDW, but at Disneyland, they basicly had a stall that was curtained off where you could nurse our outlets to plug a pump into.  I peeked into the nursing room at the MK and it was basicly just one big room with a bunch of rocking chairs.  If it's not private enough (personally, I think that pumping is different than nursing and way more exposed) you could ask at the first aid station if they have a room.... Just a thought.  I did this at Knotts Berry Farm during that Disneyland trip because their baby changing area SUCKED...  I pumped in what was basicly a bathroom stall and no a/c so it was soooo hot and uncomfortable so after that I tried the first aid station. 

The dis has more info on baby centers:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/baby-care-centers.htm

Rillsung
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Something else to consider... If you are visiting resorts, there is no place to pump, so plan accordingly! 

Rillsung
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Quoting Megara:

The nursing rooms at MK and Epcot are both one room with several rocking chairs, and there are outlets in both for a plug.  AK has two private nursing rooms, very good sized, haven't noticed if they have outlets but I bet they do.  Studios is the worst--two rooms the size of a bathroom stall partitioned off from the rest of Baby Care with a curtain.  Not sure if they have outlets.

Like I said, I have seen several women pumping in the large nursing rooms, sometimes they turn to the wall, sometimes they don't.

This is one big reason I quit pumping when I did and started using formula.  I seriously couldn't just pump in front of others like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)