Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guide Books

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM
  • 2 Replies

Since I haven't been to WDW since high school and my hubby and kiddos have never been there, I went and bought 4 different guide books.  I wanted to learn as much as possible.  Originally, my plan was to pack them all, but I'm starting to think that is kind of silly.  I'm thinking of just going through and putting what I marked as important info into a notebook or spreadsheet or something like that.  I kind of have something started since I have been getting online as well. 

Do you usually pack your guidebook with you or just find a way to bring the important (to you) information?

blowing bubbles              toddler girl             expecting baby

Abigail 5/17/06    Isabelle 10/17/07        Baby #3 Due Dec

If you want to make a good investment, take the afternoon off and play with your kids. - paraphrased from Ben Stein

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shanas3ts
by Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 1:23 PM

BRING BOTH!!!  Even though you have read through your guide books you will still want to read through them on the way and at night.  We only have 1 book so I throw it in my stroller and keep it with me just in case.  But I am kinda OCD about things!  And I keep a spreadsheet of what I think is most important and notes and tips in my purse.  AT night I will read through everything that is pertaining to the next park just to make sure it is all fresh on mind.  So that is my thoughts!!  Good luck planning and remember to have a wonderful time.  And it really is not going to go exactly as planned, but because of your plan, everyone will have an amazing vacation!

LadyJag
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I'm lucky to be a passholder, so I've been to the parks enough times not to need a guidebook. However, like Shana, I am a bit OCD when it comes to planning trips.

When I took my DD to Disney for the first time almost 2 years ago, I did a lot of online research about Disney with a toddler, and copied/pasted pertinent info into a word doc as I found it. Then, I went through and grouped all the tips and tricks by park, then printed the entire thing.

I got a few plastic sheet protectors, and placed each park's tips/tricks sheet into a separate sheet protector (to make them weather/travel resistent). That way, I could take the info for just the park(s) we were visiting that day, and used clothespins to attach the info to the top of the stroller's canopy for quick reference. I also highlighted the "not to be missed/forgotten" tips on the pages.

Have a great time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)