Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am thrilled......

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

We are planing our 4th trip as a family to Disney in May of 2010. We are going w/ my husbands sister and family. I am so looking forward to this trip. We did not go this year b/c money was so tight so we are taking our income tax to go next year. We normally have gone in Feb b/c our wedding anv. is in Feb and my oldest son's bday is in March but b/c my oldest is in 1st grade we do not want to take him out of school. Then we thought about going in Sept b/c the kids are out for the week of our county fair but b/c it falls in labor day my dh can not take off of work. So we are doing the last week of May we may need the kids to miss the last day of school but it is the last week of the lower pricing and I hate to go when the prices are higher and I am sure it is so busy in the summer months.

So my questions are how are the temps in May/June will it rain everyday? Should I worry about packing many pairs of jeans for everyone or would one pair each be okay.
Also I am thinking about doing the princess hair thing for my dd. She wants to be a princess what is it like for the kids. If she does do it is it better to do it at the end of the trip b/c we are staying at the resorts and she will want to swim.

What places do you all like to eat at we always do the chef mickey and the crystal palace but want to do new things. I want to start plaining thing right after Christmas (I am a list follower and I pack and repack). How much do you all normally take for spending money. We have always been on a very tight budget and the last time we went we had something go wrong w/ our van and we had to get it fixed so we did Disney w/ 350 for 5 days. Thank God the trip was paid for and we had the dining plan. We are thinking about taking around 1000 for play money this time b/c the kids are older and we want to be able to buy what ever we want this time. We do not want to stress about anything. I myself DO NOT want to stress. I always stress about what if this happens or that happens what if it rains, or if it is to cold to swim.

I hate to say I do not want to rush Christmas or New Year or even the spring months but I do wnat May to be here already....

Merry Christmas ladies

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
greene14
by Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:10 AM

We went last year at the end of may early June and it was hot , hot , hot.It rained a few times but only for about 10 minutes the it was sunny and hot again. Maybe bring pants for the evening but i doubt you will need them. As far as eating we loved all places to eat, when we were at epcot we ate at coral reef the kids loved it because sharks and fish swam all around right in front of you. I know what you mean about planning we are going in 6 weeks and i am already freaking out add the xmas stress and i am a mess. Have tons of fun!

Daisypath Vacation tickers
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:47 AM

For 6 years that was the only time we would go! I love that time. We would do the last week of April right into the 1st week of May. My dd b-day is the 2 of May.....IT is hot but not too bad not like the summer time. Rain yes it is FL but not to bad...not like a all day thing. We love to eat at 1900 Park .and the Mickey backyard BBQ IT is the best dinner show!!! Have a great time!

mommynxander
by Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:52 AM

We go every year in May, usually the first 2 weeks and the weather is wonderful, although last year we did see alot of rain, and traditionally we don't see any. I highly recommend Donald's Safari Breakfast at the Animal Kingdom, this is by far our favorite, and we get to see Daisy Duck which is a favorite with the little ones in our group.

macmom3
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:38 PM

We've been to WDW twice in May already and we will be there the first week of May. The weather is hot, but not like the summer months. The first year we went in May we where there during a tropical storm. I've never packed a pair of long pants for any of our trips. I already booked our ADR for Le Cellier, Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare Dinner, Sci-Fi and Liberty Tree Tavern. Some of our other favs are San Angel Inn, Mickeys Backyard BBQ and I've heard good things about O'hana and Whispering Canyon, but never been to either one.

One of the things I want to do with my girls this trip is to take them to the Barber Shop in MK to have their hair done. They will put it up in a bun or ponytail and put Pixie Dust in the hair when done. I've seen cute pictures of this. Our girls will be 6, 3 (but turning 4 when we are there) and 2 when we go. Have fun planning your trip!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)