Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A couple of questions...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

Is this maining a group for Disneyworld?  Cause we mainly go to DL and I hardly ever see stuff about DL on here mostly WDW.

How much does an average trip cost you guys?  We don't do all that dinning and reservations and all that, it seems really pricy and confusing, is it? 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jbean603
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I was mostly a DL person too...been there 3 times in the past 4 years and I love it. This year is our first trip to WDW and I'm finding this to be a very helpful board, we've got a few travel agents on here and they come in real handy when we have questions!

If you're looking strictly for DL, try Disneyland Divas. That's a great board! Lots of locals there too. They were really helpful this past trip when we went for the Halloween party!

Jillian

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me...you may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

~Walt Disney

macmom3
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM

We've been to WDW 5 times and never to DL. I'm hoping some day to get there. As far as cost the best way is to go to disney.com and starting filling in the dates, how many people, what resort, tickets, flights and dining options. I think because we have been there so many times, I would know what is going on, but I learn so much from this board. When you have a question, normally someone has the answer. We're going to WDW in May for our 6th time. We can't wait.

angeldud
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 7:47 AM

we live on the east coast so we go to disneyworld... i have been a member in here for well over a year and have seen plenty of posts about disneyland...

sorry i can't help ya out

LadyJag
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Quoting dlandmomma:

Is this maining a group for Disneyworld?  Cause we mainly go to DL and I hardly ever see stuff about DL on here mostly WDW.

How much does an average trip cost you guys?  We don't do all that dinning and reservations and all that, it seems really pricy and confusing, is it? 

I think this group is for anything Disney, not just the parks or WDW specifically. I think it's just that most group members who are posting right now live closer to or are planning vacations for WDW, rather than DL.

As far as trip cost, we are passholders, so our expenses are a lot less than most WDW visitors, because we've already got our tickets. If we stay on site, we stay at Fort Wilderness, which runs anywhere from $50 to $69/night, and we stay 2-4 nights. Otherwise, if it's just a day/weekend trip, we stay at my SIL's place nearby for free.

We don't bother with Disney dining, and bring our own snacks and have most of our meals outside the park. We MIGHT do a character breakfast one of the days if we're staying on site. We rarely buy any of the merchandise - our biggest merchandise purchase usually consists of a $7-$12 trading pin and sometimes a balloon for our 3-year-old.

Otherwise, our biggest expense is the cost of gas. If we're pulling our camper, it takes a full tank of gas in the truck to get to Disney, and another tank to get back. (That includes driving to the various parks, and leaving the property for meals.) If we're staying at my SIL's, then it takes one full tank of gas in the SUV for our entire round trip.

So a trip for our family of 3, not including the cost of our passes, will run anywhere from $175-$900, depending on the length of our stay and where we stay. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)