Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Water Parks

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: What one have you been to or would like to go too

Options:

Blizzard Beach

Typhoon Lagoon

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

We going to add a water park but I would love to know more about them from mom's who have been:) I have a 12 year old DD and a 2 year old DD my mom and dad are going too:)

What did you like about it?

Can you bring in your food?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Nistamom
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Tough call.  BB is more manageable with the little one, TL probably more fun for your 12 year old.  Either way your sure to have a great time.  You can bring food.  We always pack a lunch and lots of water.  

disco_14_99
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM

If I got to go back and could only pick one I would definately pick typhoon. Seemed like they had more stuff there... I didn't have a youngster back when I went so I didn't pay much attention to which park was more toddler friendly but I remember that we spent more time at typhoon and enjoyed it more.

JustGail
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:30 PM

we've honestly never been to one.  We never really have the time - and we usually go in the winter.

But givien the choice i think I'd pick Typhoon lagoon so we could swim with the little sharks. 

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

cat323
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:32 PM

when the guys were little they loved BB as they got older TL fit their likes much more......me I like them both for different reasons......theres enough to do at both for all ages its really just a personal preference......

Blizzard Beach, Disney Blizzard Beach - wdwinfo.com

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

CAT....mom to:

Steve (AD ARMY) Andrew ( NASCAR Inst NC) Jordan ( majoring in criminal  justice) Kyle (jr in high school)

married for 23yrs to Steve (erie county sheriffs deputy)

MomofAnnaHope
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I have not been to Blizzard Beach, but have been to Typhoon Lagoon.  I love TL,  especially the slow raft ride around the park, this would be good for little ones.  Only thing is listen for the whistle and get the little ones out of the wave pool when it sounds!  The waves picked me up and pulled my top over my head!  I had on a tankini, also pulled my pony tail holder off my pony tail!  But was soooooo fun!!!!!!!!!

JefferJo
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I was wondering the same thing and have two sons, same ages as your DDs! I was also wondering, if we add the waterparks option to our tickets, could we possibly be satisfied with an afternoon at each rather than a whole day.

beautyoperator
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:39 PM

There was not an option for both so I did not vote.

We most recently went to Typhoon Lagoon. It was a lot of fun. Our 2 year old couldn't get enough of the wave pool. They have great slides for all ages and a family ride. The childrens play area was great for our son.

We went to Blizzard beach in 2005. We were not yet even considering children so I can not comment on the kids areas but the rest was awesome. The slides are fun, they have one where you race others down. That is a real blast for competitive people. I think I may have liked the family raft ride better at blizzard beach.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)