• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick service or regular dining plan????????

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

OK, I do understand what each package consists of...I realize the differences..but I can't make up my mind.

I will be travelling with my three little ones ages 6, 4 and 2.

Which one would you prefer, there are pro and cons of both.

Like I like the extra snack with the QS, but I like the full sit down  dinner also offered????? I dont know????

And suggestions? We will be staying at POP Century (most likely).

Got a big family, or working on it???? Join BIG Christian family and getting BIGGER! Click on the FAMILY PICTURE below to join the fun!!! :)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rwklk
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:36 PM

We did the one with the table seating & did a character meal every night so they got to see lots of characters without waiting in line 

Cee670
by Christine on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM

We did the sit down one also.  We used every one for a character meal and had a blast!

Sammybea
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Well it really depends on what you want out of your vacation time at WDW.  We do the Quick service meal plan because we like to spend more time in the parks.  ( I have teens)  But for families with small children they like the characters and the break from the parks for a couple of hours every day. 

mumtotwoboys
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM

We just went and got the full service with a 6, 3, and 8 month old.  If I had to do it again I would do quick service.  It was annoying to have to make reservations somewhere way ahead of time and to be honest, I don't like to take that much time to eat when I am somewhere like Disney     :-)  However, we didn't do any character meals and I think if you are planning on doing those, full service is worth it!

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Zookeeperof4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Well we liked the character meals.  I thought we would like the QS plan better because I dont like to be held down to times...but we found it was easy for us to plan to be places with a little planning.

Plus it cuts back on having to stop for autographs and pictures when you do some character meals.

macmom3
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:43 PM

We're going in May with children the same ages as yours. We chose the reg meal plan and our TS rests are 1900 Park Fare dinner, Chef Mickey- breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern- dinner, Le Cellier- dinner and Sci-fi- lunch. This will give us time to sit down for alittle while during the day. It also helped us to plan which park we would spend the day in.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jan. 28, 2010 at 11:52 AM

If you are going to want any Character meals then GO WITH Regular Dining Plan. If you don't want to waste the time and/or not interested in characters while you eat( because some kids don't eat with all the characters...you have to know your child) then there are some great quick service options. Some of the same foods served in Crystal Palace are also located at Cosmic Rays.

But last year we had our 5 yr old, 2 yr old and 10 month old. No dining planned just paid with points from our VISA card. So our kids loved the Character meals.

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie
cklein
by on Jan. 29, 2010 at 4:25 PM

we've done both... our daughter loved all the character dining but we felt like we were always running to make a reservation somewhere and missed a lot of the parks so last time we did the quick service and loved it! you still get a ton of food but you're not tied down to where you're eating which night or day and can enjoy more of the park you're at... we did add a couple of sit down dinners while we were there but they came out of our pocket!!

Mommyof3yippey
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Thanks ladies, sorry I did not reply earlier to all your replies, we had a TERRIBLE flu and landed in the Hospital one day!

We are going to go with the Dining plan!!!!!!

I think your suggestions about the character meals sounds awesome!!!!

Have a magical week!!!!!

Got a big family, or working on it???? Join BIG Christian family and getting BIGGER! Click on the FAMILY PICTURE below to join the fun!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)