Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you made special outfits for your trip? Updated with pic's of ours

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM
  • 29 Replies

I am currently sewing special outfits for my kids for our Disney trip. I am really stumped for my boys. If you have made some can I see pic's for inspiration please :-)

I am not done yet but here are some of the outfits I have made.

Hair stuff

My 12 year olds outfit

My 7 and 4 year olds outfits

and my 12 year olds outfit. The legs aren't uneven I was just in a hurry to take a picture and didn't fix them. ha ha!

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sorechia
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:44 AM

When I went in 2006 my step son was 8, We did a tie dye t-shirt with mickey mouse outline on the front. We used a special wax pen that is for tie dyeing shirts. We also did alot of iron-ons for his t-shirts. I ordered a Disney shirt for each family member to wear, they were matching designs but the shirts were all different colors, and then when they rode Tower of Terror they all got shirts from that and wore them together. It was fun, I don't have any pictures on this computer to post. It was also fun the week before the trip to make all the shirts and items, and we only watched Disney movies and did Disney things. It was awesome. I can't wait to go back someday.

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hope this helps... if you scroll down you will see something mentioned in bold green letters.wink I am honoring their wishes by just putting a link to the thread..

mupt02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM

On the same site that littlefoots mentions, there is a creative Disign forum.  They have a ton of talented artists that have lots of designs that you can use for iron-on designs.  They will even personalize them for you.  I haven't made mine yet, but I have picked out a bunch of designs that I am going to use.

matofour
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:02 AM

sadly, I plan our trip around our outfits ;)

Completly addicted, with 4 kids, I won't even tell you the cost, just put it this way.....my husband just closes his eyes, and realizes at this point, its just part of my obsession.

So worth it though, the pictures are adorable, and the kids get a lot of attention (not saying they wouldn't in regular clothes, because lets face it kids just get attention from lots of people, for lots of reasons at disney).

My favorite memory of disney, having dinner at 1900 park fare, my oldest two were dressed as the evil step sisters, my 3 daughter was cinderella, and my 15 month old son was the prince.

Lets put it this way, I actually left that restaurant felling bad for everyone else there because the characters made such a scene about my kids.  When anastasia spoted my little anastasia from across the room, she came screeching at us full speed, grabbed my kids, gave them the biggest hugs and drug them around the entire restaruant showing off her twin (with drizella, and my little drizella).  My kids got a private singing lesson with the characters, (they sang sing sweet nightingale).  They asked my kids to dance with them, middle of the restaurant.  And, the characters arranged for a private photo opportunity with my kids, the picture is priceless, with cinderella, the prince, the step sisters, step mother, and my 4 kids dressed up.  They even slipped me an email address to email them the pictures, and I still keep in contact with the character wrangler that helped us that day. 
Plus, the next night we were at the xmas party, and the prince recognized my kids (they had different clothes on) from the xmas parade, and stopped to give hugs and high fives (although at that point he was gepetto)

We left that dinner, and my husband said...okay, okay, okay, I still don't want to know the money you spent, but that was amazing, and so well worth it!

jj_horn2004
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Quoting matofour:

Completly addicted, with 4 kids, I won't even tell you the cost, just put it this way.....my husband just closes his eyes, and realizes at this point, its just part of my obsession.

So worth it though, the pictures are adorable, and the kids get a lot of attention (not saying they wouldn't in regular clothes, because lets face it kids just get attention from lots of people, for lots of reasons at disney).

My favorite memory of disney, having dinner at 1900 park fare, my oldest two were dressed as the evil step sisters, my 3 daughter was cinderella, and my 15 month old son was the prince.

Lets put it this way, I actually left that restaurant felling bad for everyone else there because the characters made such a scene about my kids.  When anastasia spoted my little anastasia from across the room, she came screeching at us full speed, grabbed my kids, gave them the biggest hugs and drug them around the entire restaruant showing off her twin (with drizella, and my little drizella).  My kids got a private singing lesson with the characters, (they sang sing sweet nightingale).  They asked my kids to dance with them, middle of the restaurant.  And, the characters arranged for a private photo opportunity with my kids, the picture is priceless, with cinderella, the prince, the step sisters, step mother, and my 4 kids dressed up.  They even slipped me an email address to email them the pictures, and I still keep in contact with the character wrangler that helped us that day. 
Plus, the next night we were at the xmas party, and the prince recognized my kids (they had different clothes on) from the xmas parade, and stopped to give hugs and high fives (although at that point he was gepetto)

We left that dinner, and my husband said...okay, okay, okay, I still don't want to know the money you spent, but that was amazing, and so well worth it!

Can you post pictures???

housefullofkidz
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Quoting littlefoots:

Hope this helps... if you scroll down you will see something mentioned in bold green letters.wink I am honoring their wishes by just putting a link to the thread..

Thankyou so much! Exactly what I needed!

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots

housefullofkidz
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Quoting Sorechia:

When I went in 2006 my step son was 8, We did a tie dye t-shirt with mickey mouse outline on the front. We used a special wax pen that is for tie dyeing shirts. We also did alot of iron-ons for his t-shirts. I ordered a Disney shirt for each family member to wear, they were matching designs but the shirts were all different colors, and then when they rode Tower of Terror they all got shirts from that and wore them together. It was fun, I don't have any pictures on this computer to post. It was also fun the week before the trip to make all the shirts and items, and we only watched Disney movies and did Disney things. It was awesome. I can't wait to go back someday.

I love this!! I might try the tie dye idea!  My oldest son is 9 and isn't crazy about matching the baby boys ages  2 months, 1 year and 2 years. I think this is a great idea!! Now if only I can find a "wax pen"

housefullofkidz
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Quoting matofour:

That sounds amazing!  My girls outfits so far are pretty cute but probably nothing near as cool as you had :-)  I would love to see pictures!

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I only got things at the Disney store are the outlet and only one time did have I have all of us wear the same top..lol But I would make sure the outfits went with the park we would go to that day..lol One time I got a Bambi top for me that was white with Bambi and mom in pick and my DD had just Bambi in pink then we had on cargo pants. Then when we went to Chef Mickey I had a red Mickey top with white shorts and she had Mickey top. But other then that not to much. But my DD did not like to dress up b/c it was so HOT! I did it one time and we ended up going back to the hotel so she could get out of it!

matofour
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:21 PM

no, for a few reasons (sorry in advance).

Don't have pictures on this computer, and I don't post pictures of my kids on the internet.

Sorry! 

Quoting jj_horn2004:

Quoting matofour:

Can you post pictures???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)