Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

January or April 2011?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:24 PM
  • 2 Replies

My hubby just approved a trip in 2011! Hooray! We are not able to go this year so I can't wait to plan this trip. So here's the deal. My girls have a week in January 2011 that they are out of school for 2 days so i can just take them out for the week or  their Spring Break is April 4-8 2011 and Easter is not til April 24. Do I chance April when I know the weather will be nice but will there but lots of crowds or go January  when I know it will be value and less crowds but run the risk of the severe cold we had this year? When do most of you have spring break next year? Maybe that will give me an idea of what it will be. i am so not into the crowds now that we have kids or the heat. Been there done that. Also Ilike value season because of price. We went Feb 2009 and it was so nice. No crowds, great weather, perfect week.

Thanks so much for your input!

Terri      

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I am not sure when Spring Break is but if you don't want to do the water parks I would go in January.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Feb. 22, 2010 at 2:21 PM

We went April 2009 during our NC spring break which was the week after Florida's spring break. Yes a crowd but nothing like after Christmas leading up to the 1st of the year. We loved it and it was great weather. One rain shower that lasted 2 hours and that was it...later that same day wind but no rain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)