Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think he might be getting close to giving in to kids...LOL

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

DH's only opposition to the trip now (once he found out the time he will have block leave is also the time of Star Wars Weekend) is the price of the trip.  LOL.  We are looking at staying at Shades of Green which is cheaper than the Disney Value at that time, and using the military tickets.  We would of course eat OOP, but after our Nov trip I'm thinking that wont be toooooo bad because our kids showed us that they really couldnt eat an entire kids meal alone.  We would also be bringing our own food for breakfast and snacks (and maybe sandwiches).  We would wrather not take all our savings account money out right now, so we are trying to think of ways to save for the trip.  We wouldnt have to pay for the entire stay till we got there (we would only pay the $97 for one night as a deposit).  We dont want to use Credit cards at all.  We have already paid off 4 this year, so we dont want to run any of those back up.  So, what are some ideas you all can come up with.  The cost of the trip so far (minus food) is.....

Tickets-$400 for 4day base tickets for 3 people (we have a 2yr old).

Room-$485

Gas-$200 (high estimate)

Total----$1085.

We wont be doing shopping for souviniers like we have in the past because we have it all that we want.  The only thing we might get is a small toy for the kids and a picture for us (we always get one).  We wouldnt even be doing the photopass I dont think (we would use the card, but decide later if we wanted to order the disk).  So, yeah send me the ideas!!!!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM

The tickets would only be $99.00 each if you just want the 4 parks for 4 days and if you want to add on the hop and water park it would be $125 and you would not pay tax:) so your looking at only $297 or $375 then if you got a room at Value would be 40% now so it would be less then SOG that is way we are not going to SOG b/c we got a cabin for all 6 of us for $132 and we are cooking our food. If we did two rooms it was going to be 85! That is for two rooms! So with the 40% you can get a room for less then SOG:) Just call Disney and ask:)

CorbinsMomma
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Okay so I called Disney and got the price for the room.  Its $50 cheaper than SOG, but DH and I talked and if we do this it will be at SOG because of the room size and niceness of the resort.  He has kind of agreed to doing it too.

OSUbuckfan13
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM

It looks like you've got your base cost down as far as you can then, which is great!  Are you looking for ways to find some extra money to pay for the trip or are you looking for ways to further reduce costs?

CorbinsMomma
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Kind of both actually...LOL. We are cutting down on buying things we dont need, eating out, etc.  We have the money for the trip, but would like to keep a good ammount in savings too.  We are going to start setting a bit out of each paycheck till then aside to help w/ food costs.

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Quoting CorbinsMomma:

Okay so I called Disney and got the price for the room.  Its $50 cheaper than SOG, but DH and I talked and if we do this it will be at SOG because of the room size and niceness of the resort.  He has kind of agreed to doing it too.

We do like SOG A LOT but with DH and I mom and dad and two DD's we would have to have two rooms at SOG and so it was less for us to go with Disney with 40% and have a cabin at Fort Wilderness that has two rooms:)

danielsmommy2b
by Member on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:02 PM

When are you going? We are looking into November 28-December 4 this year! We are expecting a baby boy in July and our daughter won't be 3 until the end of our trip! Hubby didn't want to go back after our last trip, but quickly changed his mind! LOL!

CorbinsMomma
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Devin, we are going in May right now.  DH leaves in like Jan/Feb..ish.  He starts NTC in Aug and then goes into full training mode for his job w/ his brigade in Sept.  They have a lot of work to do b4 going over.  He has school this month and july for more training on his job and further his Combat Life Saver training.  It seems like even when he is home he is gone...LOL. But, may was the only time we could go.

Disneymom1218
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2010 at 8:47 AM

CorbinsMomma, are you by chance a Disney visa card holder? they are offering a deal right now where if you get a 4 night 5 day package kids stay play and eat for free. so you would just have to pay for you and hubby for room tickets and dining you can get the Quick service with this deal as well.

CorbinsMomma
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Ugh so leave has been changed.  DH is going to find out when he can just take leave (we are hoping early may so we dont hit peak season).

DisneyMom....

we arent disney visa members (we are getting rid of all credit cards too so we wont be getting one) but the military discount is way better than the other discounts.  We have a 4 & 2yr old so we only pay $99 for our oldest, $99 for me, $99 for hubby and $450 for our room...if we go to SOG.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)