Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ???

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

Book a cruise without your hubby knowing about it? We are drving down to disney and then saying 14 days  down there i thought about surprising him and going on a 4 day cruise for our ann. it will be him and I and our 3 kids   5, 3, 9 months. We talked about it the other day and he said maybe but that means no. We never had a honeymoon so i thought this would be nice. Would do it ?

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ambear72
by Amber on May. 24, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I would so do it in a heart beat!!  Its always easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission.  LOL  If you have the time and the money then go for it!!!

Duckkie
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I'd do it in half a heartbeat IF a cruise was something he really was interested in. My husband loves cruises but would never book one without my pressuring him to do it. Do you have all the documents needed to do the cruise? Passports, birth certs, etc.?

I am gasping to go on the DCL Panama Canal cruise... I may have to book that one w/o his knowledge and spring it on him for our anniversary in January... now, how to get him some leave time without him knowing....

krazeerosie
by Jamie on May. 24, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I would do it but not after 14 days with parks etc.  I would book the cruise for another time. I would wait til all the kids were out of diapers if it was my family so the overall cruise is more enjoyable and they could do some of the kid activities on the boat.

Cafe Robin
by Robin on May. 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM

You may want to feel him out a bit more... if I was goin on a cruise, I'd want to be able to plan for it.  For me, half of the fun is getting excited and planning for the trip. 

Also, maybe there is something else he'd rather do... does he like cruises?  They pack a lot of people onto those ships!

NearSeattleMom
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM

No.  My husband would have a heart attack.  He hates surprises.

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM

well you know whether if he would be upset or not.. but if he would laugh it off and just be thankful. i would jump at it! were doing a 15 day trip to WDW and  day cruise in sept...we did a 11 days at WDW 2 yrs ago and 5 day cruise and it was magical but not enough time. tell us how it goes!

chulamami916
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:53 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't hesitate. =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM

It would be a no for me. DH  has told me he would not go on a cruise :( But he has told me the kids and I can go on one..lol

I would ask him a few more times and see if he gives you a yes. I know I could not get away with paying for it with out him knowing.

JRose48
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:53 AM

For me it's a money thing.  If you have the money no problem then I would do it.  I asked my hubby the other day about adding a 3-day to our 4-day we are taking in Sept.  It would have been less than $1000 (without tips), but I would have put it on a CC because we only have the money for the trip we're already taking.  We decided not to because of that.

radavis777
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:28 AM

I think for a lot of people, making a major financial decision on our own is a "no-no" in our marriage.  Like, I could spend $100 without asking, but more than that and I'd ask.  If your personal spending limit is larger, then "no problem" if you can afford it.

I believe Disney offers a package that includes a cruise and a visit to the parks.  It might not be that much more to go on a cruise than spending those days at the resort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)