Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about rope drop ceramonies

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

On the mornings when the have Extra Magic Hours, do they do the rope drop ceramonies when they open for EMH or when they open for the general public? I've never made it to any of the parks early enough to see any of the rope drops, I definitely wanna see the one at MK this visit, are any of the others at the other parks worth it too? The day we are visiting HS the EMH are in the morning, but the days we are visiting AK & Epcot the EMH are at night.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
USMCWIFEFOREVER
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Rope drop will be 10 mins B4 the park opens......If there are EMH then it will be 10 mins B4 they Open for the EMH

Cafe Robin
by Robin on May. 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I always want to make it to a park for the opening ceremony but we never get there on time! 

We keep trying, though:)

DISNEY!  
Join us for some fun on the DISNEY! group....

CorbinsMomma
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM

They didnt do any show for EMH this past trip at MK.

NearSeattleMom
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cafe Robin:

I always want to make it to a park for the opening ceremony but we never get there on time! 

We keep trying, though:)

We went early to Disneyland and Magic Kingdom in Orlando . . . I was all about beating the crowds since we had to go in July when it was so busy.

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

onthagoagain
by Member on Jun. 2, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Each park has different rules for rope drop... ex... if you are at the Ferry turnstiles for opening, they do a special rope drop where children "leave their mark" on the ground in chalk where it stays all day ... once over onto the island, rope drops are held at each "land"... ex. Tomorrowland; CM are at the end of tomorrowland, just over the bridge.... they throw out "pixie dust" to people in the crowd and pick a first family to ride the Buzz ride first ... that family gets a special certificate... they also get the crowd rowdy to find out what ride they are there for... then the countdown to park open begins... SO ... each land is different.... same thing in each park... it is really up to the area, the CMs how they do it ..... It is always when the park opens for the first time, whether it is an EMH day, or regular open... when the lands are "open for guests" ... that determines rope drop times.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)