Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure what to do....MK for 2 days or AK 1 day & MK 1 day?!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM
  • 10 Replies

UGH! This is like my 100th post! LOL. (sorry)  We (myself, my BF, my DD4 & DS2) are going for 4 days June 8-11. I originally planned to go to Epcot the first day, then MK the next two days, then have a chill out day the last day. Then I changed it to Epcot the first day, AK the 2nd day, MK the 3rd day, HS the last day. But now I'm thinking of skipping AK cus there's not a whole lot there to do for my 2 year old other than the safari & the Nemo show. So now I'm thinking should we just stick to the MK for 2 days plan? We could park hop too (we have season passes) so maybe we could do AK in the morning, take a rest then go to MK and back to MK the next day too.

I think I'm confusing myself & making it harder than it needs to be LOL. I need some input please! Thanks!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macmom3
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM

When we were there 3 weeks ago our 2yr loved it at AK. She enjoyed seeing the animals but by 2:00 we were done. So we went back to the resort changed chilled for a little and went to MK for the rest of the night. The same as DS. We got there around 9:30 and after the parade, we left. Yes there is more there, but knew we didn't see everythig at MK, so we went back. In total we spent 1 full day and 3 1/2 days at Mk, 1/2 day at AK ad DS and 1 day at EP. This is why we love hopper passes.

JustGail
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM

it's one of those decisions where you need to just know what you thing your kids are into.

i have family members who go down there and spend a total of three hours at Animal kingdom and that's it for them.  My cousin only goes to see the lion king show and leave!!!!!

Us.....we LOVE IT!!!!! we spend usually a full two days there.  My girls are total animal lovers and we enjoy the more slowed downed less commercial feel of the place (i actually tend to forget at times i'm in a 'theme park')

AK has lots of subtle nuances that might not be a big call for your 2 year old.  - Maybe a 1/2 day there just for the few things that would appeal to the little kids and then go and finish up another park for the rest of the day.

matofour
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM

We LOVE AK.

BUT, this last trip I made a week ago, with just my two year old and his two year old friend.  We only spent a few hours in AK.

We did the lion king show, the characters back there (we met thumper!! and Miss bunny!!!)

Nemo, and rode the spinny dino ride (the one like dumbo)

Then we left, we didn't even stay for the parade, my favortie (they are all my favorite though).  Its a really cool parade.

BUT, AK is HOT HOT HOT HOT, it runs hotter than any other park!  We were miserable there with the heat. 

So, it really just depends, there is plenty to do there for your 2 year old.  But, there is also plenty to do at MK.  I would sort of see how much you got done at MK, and if you want to go back there. 

mynameismuerte
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I would say see how it goes at MK.  If you don't do everything you wanted, go back that third day.  If you're happy with what you've done then go to AK.   

Or...use the hopper to go to AK when it first opens, do the safari & anything else you're just dying to do there and then go to MK.

We went a couple of weeks ago with a 4.5yo, just turned 2yo, & 7mo.  We went back to our room every afternoon to make a lunch & let the boys nap & get them out of the heat of the day.

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

If you have season passes just go with the flow. If you get up in the morning and decide you want to go to AK go, if by mid afternoon you want to head over to mk then go.

JustGail
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Quoting matofour:

We LOVE AK.

BUT, this last trip I made a week ago, with just my two year old and his two year old friend.  We only spent a few hours in AK.

We did the lion king show, the characters back there (we met thumper!! and Miss bunny!!!)

Then we left, we didn't even stay for the parade, my favortie (they are all my favorite though).  Its a really cool parade.

BUT, AK is HOT HOT HOT HOT, it runs hotter than any other park!  We were miserable there with the heat. 

So, it really just depends, there is plenty to do there for your 2 year old.  But, there is also plenty to do at MK.  I would sort of see how much you got done at MK, and if you want to go back there. 

THUMPER ????? - that's awesome!!!!!!!

and it is always a little hotter at AK - wonder why that is?????

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

alorna
by New Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I like the idea of going to AK in the morning the MK the rest and the next because he may like to see the animals and there should be a section for them but, hope you have fun!

matofour
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Someone told us because of all the plants, that it runs a good 10 degrees hotter, on a normal day than any other park!  Don't really know if there is any truth to it, but the two times we have traveled in heat, AK has been the most miserable park (when it comes to heat)

Quoting JustGail:

Quoting matofour:

We LOVE AK.

THUMPER ????? - that's awesome!!!!!!!

and it is always a little hotter at AK - wonder why that is?????

Cafe Robin
by Robin on May. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I would choose MK for both days!!  AK is fun but everytime I go I always wish I was at the Magic Kingdom... or Epcot.

My 8yr old loves the Everest and Kali...but my younger kids get bored quickly.

Have fun!

fairymom2316
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I rather go to MK, I would only go to AK if my kids really wanted to see something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)