Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Toddler's 1st time....

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM
  • 17 Replies

It is going to be my DD Madeline's 1st time going to WDW at the end of July! She'll be 2.7 years old when we go. We are only going to one park and that is Magic Kingdom but we'll be a WDW at Fort Wilderness for 4 nights. I know we are going to do get the 1st hair cut. Have breakfast with Winnie the pooh and friends and DO all the rides in Fantasyland!

What are a few things you did with your toddler that they just loved?

It has been 10 years from the time we went when my older DD was two years old..lol

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cat323
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM

mine loved the show at the castle court and the parade...werent thrilled with Wishes though! They also loved Peter Pan flight but hated Snow White and the Haunted Mansion rides. I suggest taking a flashlight for rides that have a warning about being dark at times!

Emme_E
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM

My daughter loved the princess/fairy meet.. She is obsessed with Tinkerbell.. The fairies were so sweet.. She was only 17 mo when we went.  She walked in, and all the fairies came and sat down with her and talked to her.  We were the only family in there at the time. 

She also liked the parades/show in front of the castle.  It was really croweded when we went, so she didn't get on many rides.. Hopefully when we go this year it'll be less crowded..

Going in the summer, remember water and shade.. We live about 4 hours away, and we are expected to get up into the high 90's by the end of the week.. Prepare for it to be HOT.. and humid..

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM
The carousel was one of my kids favorites and getting Autographs. Another thing they still love is picking a special outfit for mk. When we pack they help choose what they want to wear on a certain day and we put it in a gallon ziplock and label it. Then on that day they get out their outfit and it's more special because they chose it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Our Elizabeth was exactly 2 1/2 yrs old on our last trip so I have been there( 2 days MK and 1  day Epcot).  She loved LOVED LOVED....The pretty ladies  Mary Poppins( was in the front of the park), TINKERBELL, All the Fairies, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Goofy Barnstormer, Philaharmonic, all the play areas, Ariel, DUMBO, Electrical Parade( this was probably her favorite), Wishes, and 3pm parade, Pirates of the Caribbean( she was fine riding it again and again with her brother), and the tea cups.  Elizabeth has a speech disorder and was very delayed last year so she had behavior problems. At first she had the monkey harness but it was so hot on her. I told her if she wanted to see more princesses she had to take my hand. There was not one MELTDOWN the entire vacation which is UNBELIEVAble.  If she was tall enough she did it and she liked it all but the ones I listed SHE LOVED!!

I could tell she didn't get Peter Pan and to be honest wish Tinker bell was more noticeable and the look of it looks so out dated.

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Quoting cat323:

mine loved the show at the castle court and the parade...werent thrilled with Wishes though! They also loved Peter Pan flight but hated Snow White and the Haunted Mansion rides. I suggest taking a flashlight for rides that have a warning about being dark at times!

M two year is good about the dark (when we are on the subway and the lights go out she is fine it is my 12 year old DD who cries about it being dark..lol) I know we are not going to be at the park for the parade:( b/c she  needs her down time 2-4pm each day if she doesn't get that down time she is a BART and then same...lol

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Quoting Emme_E:

My daughter loved the princess/fairy meet.. She is obsessed with Tinkerbell.. The fairies were so sweet.. She was only 17 mo when we went.  She walked in, and all the fairies came and sat down with her and talked to her.  We were the only family in there at the time. 

She also liked the parades/show in front of the castle.  It was really croweded when we went, so she didn't get on many rides.. Hopefully when we go this year it'll be less crowded..

Going in the summer, remember water and shade.. We live about 4 hours away, and we are expected to get up into the high 90's by the end of the week.. Prepare for it to be HOT.. and humid..

I remember your sharing that with us about the fairy meet:) I think we are not going to do any of that b/c just not the time.

I lived in Miami FL for 8 years b4 moving to NYC and OMG it has been so hot and humid in NYC the last few days....I forgot how it felt to be hot and humid...lol We are going to go back to the cabin at 1pm to 5pm then go back to the park. I hope it is not too crazy.

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Quoting mom_of_3_angels:

The carousel was one of my kids favorites and getting Autographs. Another thing they still love is picking a special outfit for mk. When we pack they help choose what they want to wear on a certain day and we put it in a gallon ziplock and label it. Then on that day they get out their outfit and it's more special because they chose it.

My DD loves CAROUSEL! The park we go to a lot has one and she just loves it so much. I know that is a most do for her:) I am not going to do to much autographs I just want the photos...lol

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Quoting krazeerosie:

Our Elizabeth was exactly 2 1/2 yrs old on our last trip so I have been there( 2 days MK and 1  day Epcot).  She loved LOVED LOVED....The pretty ladies  Mary Poppins( was in the front of the park), TINKERBELL, All the Fairies, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Goofy Barnstormer, Philaharmonic, all the play areas, Ariel, DUMBO, Electrical Parade( this was probably her favorite), Wishes, and 3pm parade, Pirates of the Caribbean( she was fine riding it again and again with her brother), and the tea cups.  Elizabeth has a speech disorder and was very delayed last year so she had behavior problems. At first she had the monkey harness but it was so hot on her. I told her if she wanted to see more princesses she had to take my hand. There was not one MELTDOWN the entire vacation which is UNBELIEVAble.  If she was tall enough she did it and she liked it all but the ones I listed SHE LOVED!!

I could tell she didn't get Peter Pan and to be honest wish Tinker bell was more noticeable and the look of it looks so out dated.

I am one of those mom's that said my kids would never have one but guess what? My DD Maddie has one...we live in NYC and about 8 months ago I had to get one b/c she would not hold my hand! Living in the city you can not just ran off! I had it on her yesterday on a school trip with my older DD and it was so hot I let her go with out it. She was good until we got back to school and had to walk home! She does like to have it on or get in her stroller when we are in Time Sq with a lot of people are around so I hope she'll hold on to my hand or be in the stroller at Disney.

As for the rides I am thinking she'll be good b/c we go on the bus, subway and cabs a lot and she loves it..lol

lynda0210
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM

My Daughter went for 1st time at 14 months and loved Everything and stil does at 4 years old.

Snow White, Carousel, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Small World, Haunted House, Pirates of Caribbean, Country Bear Jamboree Show, Tiki Bird Show. Of Course Toon Town to see the Characters. She loves standing in line holding her book with pen to get it signed.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

6 years ago I bought that monkey for $10. It is used only when needed but it has gone through all the kids. It is now used with my youngest at the zoo for example. I detach the tail so he can get in and out of the stroller easily but as soon as he slips out I attach that tail( he doesn't see me) and it's great when it's just me with 3 kids ages 6 and under in crowds.

Quoting Dawne98:

Quoting krazeerosie:

I am one of those mom's that said my kids would never have one but guess what? My DD Maddie has one...we live in NYC and about 8 months ago I had to get one b/c she would not hold my hand! Living in the city you can not just ran off! I had it on her yesterday on a school trip with my older DD and it was so hot I let her go with out it. She was good until we got back to school and had to walk home! She does like to have it on or get in her stroller when we are in Time Sq with a lot of people are around so I hope she'll hold on to my hand or be in the stroller at Disney.

As for the rides I am thinking she'll be good b/c we go on the bus, subway and cabs a lot and she loves it..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)