Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If someone gave you.....

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:22 AM
  • 10 Replies

......a $1000 to spend at Disney (on top of what you alloted) and said go spend it on something you could never afford or do for yourself otherwise. What would you spend it on??

I , go to the spa at the GF and book a cple hrs of massages for Dh and myself, then have dinner at Victoria and Alberts then book a private cruise for Illuminations!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I'll take all that with a nanny for the night for all 3 of my kids. My husband and I need time for just ourselves and it never happens unless I am in the hospital having another child. AND I AM NOT LYING about that one.  We enjoyed beef tips , collards, red jello and ice tea with whole bread and a side salad at the hospital that last evening while watching the amazing race together in silence.

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM
I would do one of the special programs at epcot. My mum and I did the dolphin interaction a few years ago and it's something I'll never forget. I would love to take my girls to do that and scuba.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I also would do the spa and the cruise the show at Epcot:)

macmom3
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I would have a private meet and great with my girls favorite princesses Jasmine and Sleeping Beauty. If there was any money left over I would then book a message at GF and maybe DH.

Or I would renew our wedding vows at the Wedding Pavillion.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

My husband said he would eat his way around all of Disneyworld to finally experience a little of everything,lol.

CorbinsMomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Oh gosh Cat that is a good question.

If curt was 4 (so I keep dreaming for 2 more years) I would put both boys in the Neverland Club for a while. Then I would want to go eat at Cinderella's Royal Table (yeah I'm a dork).  After that I would want to Maybe get pampered (w/ DH of course) a little and then set out for a nice "cruise" to watch Wishes.  That or go take a nice long walk around the beaches.

I too dream of renewing my vows at Disney!!!!

disneychick
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:36 PM

As wonderful as it would be to just have a few hours of massage, I wouldn't be able to since I still have issues with my back even though I had surgery in October. So I would have to say that I would take that $1000 and use it to get a sitter for a night for my kids, and my DH and I would go to dinner either in Italy or Canada and then head to DTD to go to La Nouba, I have always wanted to go to La Nouba but my DH doesn't want me to spend the money to go. And then with the left over money I would take my DD to the BBB and let my DS spend the rest of it on himself.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 4, 2010 at 7:29 AM
Not sure about WDW but in DL I would probably let the kids get costumes or choose an outfit and I would prob do the same in the Tinkerbell store. A day at the spa sounds nice but I would wanna do somerhing I cant do anywhere else other then at Disney. We hardly buy stuff in Disney cuz we dont usually have enough money. I might give the kids $100 each to get what they want and use some on the nicer resteraunts like Blue Bayou or something like it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radavis777
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I agree about doing some you can only do at Disney.  Dinner for two at a few of the nice restaurants would probably use up a good part of that money.  The Illuminations cruise would be nice too.

antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:46 AM
I would do the "chef's table" with DH, b/c my friend has done it twice at Napa Rose in the Grand CA hotel..and says you just tell the chef what foods you like and don't like and he makes so many wonderful dishes for each person..and you can't get out of there for under $300! I've always wanted to go on a tour (like walk in Walt's footsteps) they're not very expensive ($60 includes lunch) but I always end up spending it on the little one!..LoL
Ummm they're are a couple painting or duplicates you can pay $400-$600 for so I'd grab a couple!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)