Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid questions....

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

5 more days before we leave!!! woo!! Sorry, I have a couple stupid questions lol....

1. Can u take an umbrella in the park?

2. I have a plastic reusable suvenier cup with a lid & long straw (I dunno exactly what it's called) that I got at MK when I was there in April, can I take it back for refills?

3. I noticed on my boyfriend's ticket that came in the mail and on the hotel confirmation I got in my e-mail, they spelled his last name wrong. Is it a big deal? Should I call & have it changed before we get there? I just hate calling them unless I have to, I always have to wait on the phone forever! lol

I'm sure I'll think of more questions before we leave! LOL

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Always remember.. the stupidest question..is the one not asked..  so keep on asking!!

1. Definitely.. as they even sell them!

2. You can take it ..however.. Ill leave it as this.. Disney's rule for the refills is no.. even though we may or may not follow that guideline.

3. You can wait till you get to the resort.. and let them know the error. Save your pennies for all the goodies you want!!

4. Ask away!!! I know you are excited..and last minute some of us get the Disney jitters.. and just wanna make sure we have everything covered and ready to go!!

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 4, 2010 at 7:33 AM
Good answers thanks! Its so nice having somwone who knows all the ins and outs pof Disney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radavis777
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:01 AM

First answer was perfect :)

I would add though -- I have actually seen a Disney employee tell someone their cup is not a "valid" refill cup any longer.  (The colors and images change every so often.)

Good tip -- bring water bottles and those little Kool-aid/Crytal Light "straws".  Fill the bottles from the water fountain and add the packet.  (Orlando water has a clorinated smell/taste.)  You can get a FREE cup of ice from a vendor too, so you can pour your drink over that.  Remember too -- NON-carbonated drinks will keep you hydrated, which you need to be careful about this time of year.

macmom3
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Only 5 more days.... Can I hide in your suitcase? I know I was there only a month ago but it seems so long ago :)

My only tip for staying cool is to bring a couple of cloth diapers that you can soak in water and place over you body. I use them on the girls laps when they are sitting in the stroller. Normally that's when they are sleeping. DH like it when we waiting in line to put over his head (he's bald and always forgets to bring a hat. I refuse to buy any because there were like 5 sitting at the resort) They also dry quickly so easy to pack up.

imthatgirl728
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Since you got your cup this past April, of course you can bring it. It's the exact same cup you will be buying if you were to buy another.

As for the umbrella, you can bring it in but I would be cautious of doing so. The parks will be crowded next week and trying to manuever an umbrella through the crowds won't be very easy. Which is why most people like ponchos. And on a side note, I especially wouldn't give a child an umbrella. I'm assuming you mean for yourself, but just thought I'd add that a child with an unbrella would probably hurt people, lol.

MADAmom2
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I do bring a water bottle that I refill with crystal light packets too. but I thought I'd bring the cup along too, why not?! lol.

Quoting radavis777:

First answer was perfect :)

I would add though -- I have actually seen a Disney employee tell someone their cup is not a "valid" refill cup any longer.  (The colors and images change every so often.)

Good tip -- bring water bottles and those little Kool-aid/Crytal Light "straws".  Fill the bottles from the water fountain and add the packet.  (Orlando water has a clorinated smell/taste.)  You can get a FREE cup of ice from a vendor too, so you can pour your drink over that.  Remember too -- NON-carbonated drinks will keep you hydrated, which you need to be careful about this time of year.

MADAmom2
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Sure hop on in!!! LOL. I usually freeze a couple water bottles & wrap wash cloths around them in the back pack so then as the bottle defrost the wash cloths get nice & cold & wet to put on your head and/or neck & you can re-wet them in the fountains too.

Quoting macmom3

Only 5 more days.... Can I hide in your suitcase? I know I was there only a month ago but it seems so long ago :)

My only tip for staying cool is to bring a couple of cloth diapers that you can soak in water and place over you body. I use them on the girls laps when they are sitting in the stroller. Normally that's when they are sleeping. DH like it when we waiting in line to put over his head (he's bald and always forgets to bring a hat. I refuse to buy any because there were like 5 sitting at the resort) They also dry quickly so easy to pack up.

mama2mycuties
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM

You already got your answers but just thought i'd say maybe we'll see you there :) we'll be there from the 9th til the 15th! hoping for nice weather and not too long lines :)

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

have a lot of fun!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)