Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:40 AM
  • 22 Replies
Do your Husbands have to be talked into a trip or Will they say yes? Do you even have to ask or do you just tell him you wanna go? Does your Husband like going to Disney?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM
My Husband loves Disney as much as me. The only thing I have to ask him is if he thinks we can make it happen. He isnt as in to talking about it as I am though. I usually have to say when your up to it I wanna talk about Disney. When he is ready he comes to me and says ok lets talk. If Im here and I read stuff like with the pics he will come sit by me and read the posts with me. He dsont like talking about it if we are uncertain about going. He dosnt wanna get his hopes up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM

My husband doesn't care for BIG rides that much so amusement parks are not high on his radar which is too bad for him. He asked me to marry him and amusement parks and going to different places is HIGH on my radar. Also I had a MIL that would have had her ashes spread over DIsney if it was allowed...YEAH she loved it that much so it was great that her last trip to Disney was our first as a family in 2004. Since I know he is not big into it, that's why I agreed to every 3 years deal so I consider him.

I make all the plans, save where we can, then when it gets closer since I don't share with the kids til everything is worked out I TALK HIS EARS OFF, I show him things online etc.  My husband was BIG into playing in pool leagues ranked a 7( so yeah he was good) and I supported his love so now he has to support mine. My husband doesn't plan any trips so anytime we go ANYWHERE it's ALL ME plus I am the one that drives, packs the kids but I refuse to pack him.  I don't talk him into it, it's more like do you want to go because me and the kids ARE!!!

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:19 AM
This is how hubby and I are

Quoting Ambear72:

My Husband loves Disney as much as me. The only thing I have to ask him is if he thinks we can make it happen. He isnt as in to talking about it as I am though. I usually have to say when your up to it I wanna talk about Disney. When he is ready he comes to me and says ok lets talk. If Im here and I read stuff like with the pics he will come sit by me and read the posts with me. He dsont like talking about it if we are uncertain about going. He dosnt wanna get his hopes up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mupt02
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM

The only problem I had convincing my hubby for this first trip was that he thought our kiddos were too young.  His mother still tells me that almost every chance she gets about our trip.  Once I shared some words of wisdom from my friend, he started looking at the website.  Once he realized all that there was to do, he was on board.  I would love to go back every year, but right now he says only about every 3.  There are good and bad sides to that so we will see how it all turns out.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM
I have to do all the planning too. He helps me get things ready when its time to go but Im the planner. He will sit with me and give me his opinion but I make the decisions. I like it that way. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cat323
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:12 AM

mine loves it just as much as i do, but like many other dh's he doesnt get all wrapped up in the planning and discussing, hes just like lets go and i do the rest! as for the rides he does most of them, cant do the teacups too much spinning for him!

ccasmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:17 AM

This is how we are and he just says let me know when i have to take off work

Quoting Ambear72:

I have to do all the planning too. He helps me get things ready when its time to go but Im the planner. He will sit with me and give me his opinion but I make the decisions. I like it that way. ;)

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
disneychick
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Our trip in May of last year didn't take much in the way of convincing him, but the trip that we took in Feb. was a lot different. We weren't supposed to go to WDW until last month, in May, and when he came home from work, he works offshore on a boat for 28 days at a time, in Feb. I was all sad and depressed because we were actually had planned the trip for that week that he was home in Feb. but changed it for financial reasons, but I knew we were fine and more than enough to be able to go. So I threw on a sad face and sounded all depressed and when he asked what was wrong I hit him with it. He said no of course so I started telling him that I could call and see if there were any deals and so on, and I told him he wouldn't have to do anything, I would pack the suitcases and clean the car and pack it and fill the car up and book the hotel for the drive there. Finally after he threw in a few "stipulations" of his own he gave in and we left the next afternoon!!!!

jj_horn2004
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:57 PM

My husband grew up with nothing basically....so he never had the opportunities to go on vacations with his family because they couldn't afford to do so. Ever since we got together I have been planning vacations and hes been all for it. This one in July will be different because we are able to be gone longer and we are going further than we have before as a family. I wouldn't say hes excited, YET! LOL But no...I do not have to talk him into it. I mention vacation and hes all for it if he can get off work and the money is there.

Deezeekay
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:26 PM

My hubby is the one that sets everything up-is he a Disney Freak!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)