Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toy Story 3

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

I got to see a sneak preview on Thursday! At the El Capitan in Hollywood. It was my 3 yr olds first movie in a theatre, and the first time my 6 yr old wore 3D glasses for the whole movie! As a film, I really liked it - amazing animation and in Pixar fashion, I cried at the end, yes, over animated toys. But for the kids, I felt it was pretty dark. Lots of evil toys with sinister motives. My 3 yr old was too scared and kept yelling "Let's get out of here!" and my 6 yr old watched most of the movie with his hands over his eyes, peering thru fingers. After seeing a movie, they usually ask over and over again if they can see it again. But I have not heard a peep about wanting to see this one again.... So will be interesting to see what other moms of littles have to say.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I am wanting to take the kids to a local Drive in to see it but from the Barbie and Ken part you see on the TV. They could have done away with the ASCOT joke

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:19 AM

I cannot wait to see it!  I love the Toy Story movies.  Oh, and my kids will like it, too.  ;)

The first Toy Story was pretty scary, too, if you think about it.

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

SadiasMomma
by Joanna on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:43 AM
I'm terrified of sid from TS1 and crazy toy store guy al from TS2!!! Lol but my 3 yo dd doesn't think much of them

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

I cannot wait to see it!  I love the Toy Story movies.  Oh, and my kids will like it, too.  ;)

The first Toy Story was pretty scary, too, if you think about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caemommy
by Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Yeah, think Sid and his evil messed up toys, and that's what a big part of this one is like!

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I think I'm more excited about seeing it than my kids are! I saw a group on facebook the other day that said something like: kids move out of the way I'm going to see TS3

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:08 AM

My kids must be too young or something they didn't care too much for it. 2 yr old, almost 4 yr old and a almost 7 yr old. To my 7 yr old it seems more babyish or something. He walked out to his legos,lol.

macmom3
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I took our daughters 2, 4 and 6 to see the new Shrek movie and we only last 30 mins before the baby wanted to leave. So we decided to take them to the drive when TS3 comes out. I can only hope she is better.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

From the reaction of my kids to the PIXAR shorts on tv last night.....They are going to love the new CARS movie when it comes out.

caemommy
by Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Now, another Cars movie - my kids would go crazy for!! I can't wait for the new Cars attraction to open at California Adventure!!

Quoting krazeerosie:

From the reaction of my kids to the PIXAR shorts on tv last night.....They are going to love the new CARS movie when it comes out.

cklein
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM

we got our tickets for this saturday! can't wait!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)