Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do others on cafemom think about hotels and where to stay.....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/11611597/Stay_on_Property_or_Stay_off_Property_at_Disneyworld?last#post91168113

I asked the question and even asked prices because so often people don't talk money!!!  Very interesting and thought some would like to see. Also if you disagree or agree with something share.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Interesting. It seems to be a mix of answers.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I'm going to do it again tomorrow before 3pm and see if I can get any more responses. At least that way it gives us not sure what we are going to do next time some ideas. When we go for Universal Studios we are staying off property so to get some ideas is nice.

cat323
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:44 AM

seems like a lot like to stay on property..

radavis777
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Didn't you ask that question in this forum too? You can just go back to the thread and write "bump" and move it back to the new list :)

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Might have but you get a different point of view from people who are not in the group reading the post a lot.

Quoting radavis777:

Didn't you ask that question in this forum too? You can just go back to the thread and write "bump" and move it back to the new list :)

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Also when asking  outside of this group you get more information about the home rentals which is one thing we are looking at when we go to Universal Studios.

qtmomof2
by Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I'd love to stay on property. As a kid we only did it twice. My Mom would find cheap hotels for like 50 bucks a night and spend the money that we would of spent on property...and use that money to blow on us elsewhere. We understood and loved it!

We are going for a 4 day weekend soon and plan on doing the same thing.

cat323
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:13 AM

i know SW has great pkgs for disney on and off property.....i always think i wanna try the ones off property...you know like lets just go down for a weekend and just shop at DTD then im like how can i just go to DTD and not to MK then im like I cant go and not stay on property i crave that Disney magic.......I need help! Hi Im Cat and Im a Disneyholic

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM

When we went down to Disney last time we stayed a non disney resort first and then moved to the Dolphin (I know its not technically disney but it feels like it is.) The non disney hotel was really nice but the vacation didn't feel like it started until we got to Disney area. The magic for us is about being immersed in the atmosphere. We also spend a lot of time at the boardwalk and pool, so for us a little extra for a deluxe on property is worth it.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:02 AM

There is NO way you would be able to stay off property. NONE!!!

With young kids especially one that is a picky eater being on property would be OVERLOAD and I wouldn't be able to get him to eat at all because he would be LET"S GO , NEXT RIDE , NEXT RIDE. And after a long day being away from DISNEY actually helps my kids relax as well as my husband. If my husband wasn't in school this summer for nursing and I didn't have a daughter with seizures then I would definitely be going down this summer for some free dining or discounted rooms. But it's just for our family PEAK season such as Christmas and Spring Break works best for us so it is much cheaper and better for our family to stay off property.

Quoting cat323:

i know SW has great pkgs for disney on and off property.....i always think i wanna try the ones off property...you know like lets just go down for a weekend and just shop at DTD then im like how can i just go to DTD and not to MK then im like I cant go and not stay on property i crave that Disney magic.......I need help! Hi Im Cat and Im a Disneyholic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)