Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camera kind of off topic

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

So i'm thinking about getting a new camera for we go to disney world even though we still have 10 months to go anyways i want a camera that will take the picture when i hit the button not one that you hit the button and wait then it takes the picture i want a snap and go camera that i want but i don't want to pay alot for it

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ViewPhotos?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&itemId=391014&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702&surfModel=DMC-FP1G

So what do you think about this one ?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I know nothing about that camera but if you don't get enough responses from this group or you want more information about cameras. There seems to be an active group called PHOTO MOMS here on cafemom.  Go to the top right and write in camera. You will see some groups that might be of some additional help.  I GOT NOTHING,lol. BUT I have heard some great things about a Nikon 5000 I think it is.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:24 AM

I know what you mean about it taking to long after you hit the utton to take the pic.  I want one that takes them fast too.  If you get it let me know how you like it.  Im not good with Camera either.  I hope you find what you want.  Ill be looking for a new one soon too.  If I find one I like Ill let you know.

imthatgirl728
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM

To be completely honest with you I wouldn't buy this camera. I understand the desire to not want to pay a lot for a camera, but you also want to make sure you're getting what you do pay for. Panasonic just isn't a brand I would want to invest in.

Many cameras now don't have the delay time. I suggest going into a store, even walmart or taget and just playing with the cameras.

Personally I think anything made by Cannon is worth the money. They make great cameras...and they are easy to use. They have a spectrum of prices that should be able to fit your budget.

Other cameras I would consider are Nikon and Olympus. They both make excellent cameras.

I use a cannon power shot, it's a great camera. I bought it 10 years ago....and have absolutely no reason to buy another one even though I would love a new camera. They just make cameras that last.

My SLR is an Olympus. Although I do love the camera, I wish I bought the cannon.

CorbinsMomma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

My P&S is a Cannon and its amazing!!!!  I have control over a lot of stuff on it too for it being a P&S. 

cklein
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I have a cannon power shot LOVE IT! It fits in my pocket so I can hurry and whip it out and take a pic of whatever!! I would also buy anything that says cannon or nikon you really do get what you pay for!!

antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Totally agree! Nikon and canon are the best with olympus trailing close behind...I have a power shot..SHOP around for sure online..I was shopping through 2 diff sites for my camera and had to go back and forth trying to cancel my orders but they didn't want me to, so they kept lowering the price until I got close to $150 off..I think it was cicuit city and amazon..a few yrs ago.
I'm looking into investing in a SLR and it will probably be a canon. good luck!

Quoting imthatgirl728:

To be completely honest with you I wouldn't buy this camera. I understand the desire to not want to pay a lot for a camera, but you also want to make sure you're getting what you do pay for. Panasonic just isn't a brand I would want to invest in.

Many cameras now don't have the delay time. I suggest going into a store, even walmart or taget and just playing with the cameras.

Personally I think anything made by Cannon is worth the money. They make great cameras...and they are easy to use. They have a spectrum of prices that should be able to fit your budget.

Other cameras I would consider are Nikon and Olympus. They both make excellent cameras.

I use a cannon power shot, it's a great camera. I bought it 10 years ago....and have absolutely no reason to buy another one even though I would love a new camera. They just make cameras that last.

My SLR is an Olympus. Although I do love the camera, I wish I bought the cannon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)