Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where is one place you wouldnt...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM
  • 22 Replies

recommend eating at?? A friend of mine is at DW right now and they ate at Whispering Canyon and said the service/food sucked...I never heard a bad review about that one before...so anyone else have a restaurant/CS you would definitely say no to??

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I probably haven't been to enough of them but I do think there are too many burger places( IMO) with little variety. Peco Bill( is that spelled right?) had the driest burgers when we were there.  But looking at a list online got me thinking....LIBERTY INN didn't seem much different than Peco Bill?

I think they should redo LIBERTY INN. Divide America into regions and offer a food dish from each region. I don't know FRIED CHICKEN AND COLLARDS,lol, for the south. Some famous Maryland crabcake and maine lobster with some neworleans seafood favorites?? 

JRose48
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I love Whispering Canyon, sorry your friend had a bad experience.  The one time we went to The 50's Prime Time Cafe we had terrible service, but we just had a bad waiter.  At Liberty Tree Inn we had a fantastic waitress for lunch, but the food tasted like warmed up Stoffers (which is the ad outside of the restaurant so it might have been).  The food for dinner might be better though.  Other than those two experiences we have loved all the food and it's one of our main reasons for going.

antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Just a horrible waiter..but Jiko at AKL..I'm not crazy about sweets (but DH is) and we but we both did not enjoy Boma either..AKL too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2mycuties
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

The electric umbrella in Epcot....my dh is a burger guy and he said these were like gas station microwaved burgers lol...and i found the food very blah at Tony's in MK...i had the pork.

imthatgirl728
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Sci-Fi!!!! Not only does it hold the award for my worst dining experience IN wdw....but it also holds the title for worst dining experience EVER!!!!

We thought Whispering Canyon was so-so. I'm not rushing back.

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM

my DD and I love the Sci-fi we have always had a great time and the food was good..sorry you don't like it at all...lol also Whispering Canyon we have great food and great service:)

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Sci-Fi!!!! Not only does it hold the award for my worst dining experience IN wdw....but it also holds the title for worst dining experience EVER!!!!

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I think I am with on the  Peco Bill....not at all good...

Quoting krazeerosie:

I probably haven't been to enough of them but I do think there are too many burger places( IMO) with little variety. Peco Bill( is that spelled right?) had the driest burgers when we were there.  But looking at a list online got me thinking....LIBERTY INN didn't seem much different than Peco Bill?

I think they should redo LIBERTY INN. Divide America into regions and offer a food dish from each region. I don't know FRIED CHICKEN AND COLLARDS,lol, for the south. Some famous Maryland crabcake and maine lobster with some neworleans seafood favorites?? 

MomOfJustOne
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Sorry to hear about her bad experience at Wispering Canyon.  We ate there for the first time in November and it was hands down our favorite meal/experience.  We talk all the time about eating there again.

As for my vote for worst place to eat would be hands down, Hollywood & Vine at Disney Hollywood Studios.  There was not one thing that anyone in our family liked.  The only high point of the meal was my litle one getting to meet all of the Playhouse Disney characters.

mama2mycuties
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM

aww what happened there? makes me wonder when we had such a good time :(

Quoting imthatgirl728:

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:45 PM

The QS in HS by the Indiana Jones show. The food was not good at all. The only good thing was that if you sit near the fence you can look over and see the backstage part of the show which my girls likes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)