• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Break out your planning PENCILS this is the best website to get you thinking about DINING!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

http://www.disneytop10.com/tag/restaurants/

I just found this site and thought OMG@!! just incase some of you ladies have not found it.

There is a top 10 most expensive sitdown restaurants and more. I found it funny when I tried to google most expensive counter service rest. that site had been deleted,lol. Sorry Antoinettecd.

I found this really helpful just thinking about our next trip. I would be interested to know from you ladies which restaurants you should afford even if it's free food on that most expensive sitdown menu( 2nd list).

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Haha..its ok thanks for trying!!! This will help a lot too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I am sorry but  most of what they don't like I have been to are have been told good things about....I find I am the one that likes things others don't...lol

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM
I tend to be the same way... I read and listen to all various articles , tips and hints... but I go with an open mind and try things for myself..
remember that we post mostly our own feelings about things based on our experiences... so try something yourself and make your own decisions... you never know what you will discover if you don't take a chance...

Quoting Dawne98:

I am sorry but  most of what they don't like I have been to are have been told good things about....I find I am the one that likes things others don't...lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sharonrena
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:10 PM

We just got back from a 9 day vacation at wdw.  We ate at many sit-down restaurants and also did the counter service meals.  I can say on average if you are paying for your meal (no dining plan) that counter service run about $33-$40 for 2 adults and 2 kids...table service around $85-$115 for 2 adults and 2 kids. 

Here is a list of where we ate and my opinions:

Liberty Tree Tavern @ MK - Not good :O(  The rolls and salad were great, but the meal was nasty.  Overall the seasonings were just off.  

Boma @ AK Lodge - My FAVORITE !!  This was an amazing buffet with a large variety of foods to try out.  Love. Love. Love this place !

Chef Mickey's @ Contemporary Resort - The buffet was good..nothing spectacular.  The kids loved meeting Mickey and friends and the service was great.  

San Angel Inn @ Epcot - The place was very dark and the tables very small.  The food was good, not great.  The service was slow and at times we had to wait on drink refills.  

Cape May Cafe @ Beach Club Resort - This was my third favorite place to eat.  The seafood buffet was wonderful with delicious food and many choices.  The service was great.

The Crystal Palace @ MK - We ate lunch there and the kids got to meet Winnie the Pooh and friends.  The buffet was big and had many choices.  The service was fast and friendly.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - My second favorite place.  The food was so good and the atmosphere was fun and loud.  The kids had a blast and the service was great. Don't forget to ask for ketchup and another fork or straw...LOL

As far as counter service, my favorite was the Flaming Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom.  Amazing bbq with plenty of seating overlooking the water.

Hope this helped some of you mama's out there.  If you have any questions, pm me and I will try to answer.  Have fun !!

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM

All these post about Food in the past weeks have really helped me know which places are worth trying out for our family next time. But like one of you ladies said ones opinion of a restaurant might not be the same as your own. But it's helpful to compare "the list" to others.  My husband told me a  story from one of his professors where he went to 5 companies and had them make a list of the top companies in Charlotte in the same profession. He ended up going with #2 on everyone's list.

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Quoting krazeerosie:

All these post about Food in the past weeks have really helped me know which places are worth trying out for our family next time. But like one of you ladies said ones opinion of a restaurant might not be the same as your own. But it's helpful to compare "the list" to others. 

Definitely agree! It gets you in the mindset of finding new places..and trying different things as well..  It is always interesting to see everyone's "lists"...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)