Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Large groups at disney

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

Our next disney trip won't be for 5yrs but we're thinking ahead to how much money we'd need to save....so i was looking at the packages and am wondering what do you disney veterans recommend for larger families? we didn't stay onsite this first trip so wanted to see if it was possible this next time but wondering about cost and options? or good offsite locations for large groups as we're thinking of traveling with some friends and their kids.

If it ends up being just our family it will be dh and i and our 5kids...the kids will be 15, 13, 11, 7, and 5 at the time. we might bring oldest dd's friend with us.

If our friends were to come like we've been talking about there would be 6 adults and 13 kids...ages between 5-15.  Are there houses for rent in the area? anything else that would be an option for a large group?

We would be going over the xmas holiday season while the kids are on xmas break.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2mycuties
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM

thanks these are great! when i put in what i wanted on the disney site it said 12000 for ticket and resort! i was like oh wow! these are much more in our price range!

Quoting krazeerosie:

http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/res/vacation-rental-search.asp  Has homes up to 7 bedrooms.

http://www.uniqueflorida.com/Florida_Vacation_Homes.php?Bedrooms=&id=44#morepics  Also has homes up to 7 bedrooms.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I would definitely talk around and see which home rentals others have used to know any secrets etc.  I think homes are a great wayy to do it sometimes especially for large gathers like that with teenagers( mini adults)

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I think that is a fun thing to do but over Christmas it is going to be crazy!

mama2mycuties
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM

lol i know but i want to see dw at xmas time....and my ex won't let me pull the kids out of school so that would be our only option because we want to do 2wks there. But honestly the crowds don't bother me much i just cant handle that summer heat again!

Quoting Dawne98:

I think that is a fun thing to do but over Christmas it is going to be crazy!

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:39 PM

We have been twice as a family during the Christmas season. We left in 2004 to come back to NC on Dec 22nd. Then in 2007 we went from Dec 20-Dec 28th.  On Christmas Day we were in AK. Yes after Christmas you know there are more people down there but if you have done your basic planning such as reservations ,know where you are eating, using fastpasses, have a basic of how to approach to the rides and parades it's not that bad.

After a parade is bad because all the people had gathered together so if you have a fastpass planned afterwards is a good idea to be sure you are able to get in a ride before a line buids.

The longest line we had was always Tomorrowland Speedway but keep in mind we didn't ride some of the big rides like Space Mt , Expedition ride at AK or TOT.  So that's makes a little difference. But you have a lot more hours at the parks and great weather with less rain.

mama2mycuties
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:18 PM

you know i brought those ponchos with me this month and it only rained ONCE while we were there lol...it stormed while we were at HS, the lightening started right when we were riding Tower of Terror which was kinda pretty from way up there!

I'm not too worried about the crowds, i can't imagine it much more crowded than it was this month we were packed like sardines walking sometimes, and the kids will be older so we won't need much down time especially if its not as hot :) i just can't wait to see it all lit up for the holidays!

what is DW like on the actual christmas day? and like xmas eve? do they do anything special on those days or new years day?

Quoting krazeerosie:

We have been twice as a family during the Christmas season. We left in 2004 to come back to NC on Dec 22nd. Then in 2007 we went from Dec 20-Dec 28th.  On Christmas Day we were in AK. Yes after Christmas you know there are more people down there but if you have done your basic planning such as reservations ,know where you are eating, using fastpasses, have a basic of how to approach to the rides and parades it's not that bad.

After a parade is bad because all the people had gathered together so if you have a fastpass planned afterwards is a good idea to be sure you are able to get in a ride before a line buids.

The longest line we had was always Tomorrowland Speedway but keep in mind we didn't ride some of the big rides like Space Mt , Expedition ride at AK or TOT.  So that's makes a little difference. But you have a lot more hours at the parks and great weather with less rain.

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM

My one tip would be do not go to MK on xmas day. It was so crowded that they closed to capacity by noon. The rest of the week was fine but xmas day was so bad. We ended up leaving early and taking the kids back to the hotel and my sister watched them. My husband and I and my parents went back for extra magic hours and it was much better. We got there after the fireworks and went on all the rides we wanted to ride that the kids didn't . We had funnel cake and watched the castle show.

mama2mycuties
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM

this is the one my friend wants to stay at.. http://www.theeverafterestate.com/

WOW!!!

antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM

omgoodness! gorgeous....

Quoting mama2mycuties:

this is the one my friend wants to stay at.. http://www.theeverafterestate.com/

WOW!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. 
-Walt Disney

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)