Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dining for alternate food eaters

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

What tips do you have for those of us that I consider "Alternate food eaters." This includes Vegetarians/ vegans, food allergies, picky eaters, celiacs and crohns sufferers, etc. 

What restaurants are good that you have tried?

What are some good planning tips?

Do you have a favorite dish that accomodates your needs?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I'm a pescatarian (vegetarian that eats some fish.) It has worked out great since most disney restaurants have fish. My favorite was The Coral Reef in EPCOT for TS. The food was delicious. My favorite quick service is a tie between the QS in the land and The Columbia Harbour House in MK. The Harbour  has a lighthouse sandwich which has hummus and broccoli slaw. It was awesome!!! The one in the land had so many choices that we never had trouble finding something we liked. The one tip I have is call for reservations so that you can ask questions about your specific dietary needs. Especially if you are eating at a dinner show. They will make you a seperate plate from the others in your party, but you have to tell them ahead of time.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I have crohn's Disease and eating at most of the restaurants are not issues. From Cosmic Rays, Biergarten, San Angel Inn, Liberty Inn( america), the Cafe' in the LAND in Epcot, Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace, and so many others. Easy to avoid your trigger foods.

macmom3
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I haven't eaten at The Wave at the Contempory but I hear there are several vegetarian options.

radavis777
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM

The QS restaurant in Morocco has almost all vegetarian food!  All the food is quite tasty and the portions are large.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)