• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just started planning for a trip next week! Help!!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

Okay, can anyone help?? My best friend just found out her husband has two weeks off between jobs and they are going to drive down to Orlando. Kids are 2, 6, and 8. They have never been and will be there probably just 2 days. Where should she look for hotel/tix deals? Any recommendations for places to stay with this late of notice?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jj_horn2004
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Is she open to staying longer? I know when I was helping my friend book we found her a 1 bedroom home with a private pool for $350/week. It was on vrbo.com. That's all I got =)

caemommy
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM

good option! I will have her look!

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I would see if they can still book the free dining. If so then start calling for reservations on Restaurants TONIGHT if possible. In order to do that.. She needs to know which park she is visiting each day to know where would be the best park or resort to eat in.  If she will not be able to keep a reservation have her call and cancel as soon as possible.  Tickets are not much cheaper through Disney as other places. If she has AAA or Military Discounts then go through them for tickets. But in order to get free dining she has to get rooms, meal plan and tickets all together either through DIsney or a travel agent who works with Disney. 

If she is not planning on doing the Disney plan  then that opens more options which include staying off property.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)