Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling Stressed and Really Really Could Use Some Pixie Dust (UPDATE IN RED)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM
  • 29 Replies

WAAAAAAY OT here....

So, I got the results from the MRI today that I had ran to try to figure out why I have migraines on my right side. It showed significantly decreased blood flow to my right side of my brain...which is why the migraines are always on the right side.  I have to start an aspirin regimen immediately to try to thin my blood to try to get more blood flow to the brain.   If that works then my chance of stroke decreases to only 60-75% by the time i'm 50yrs old.  If it doesnt then it stays up at almost 90%.  Then when it happens it would be major because its already taking a beating now.  SO yeah.  The only thing we can do is treat the pain for now and thin the blood and pray for the best.  Add this to the fact that there is a lot of stuff going on here at home too (like DH preping to deploy again and stuff) I feel like I could just die now.  I'm 26yrs old...this isnt good news.

Update July 24

So, the reason you all havent seen me on in 2 days is because I have been in and out of the hospital.  Thursday at work I wasnt feeling right and my heart would start to race.  I started taking my pulse and it would get up to 150-160 while I was just SITTING there.  So, when it got to where I couldnt take it anymore and I got super sick feeling I walked to another kiosk.  I told the girl there I didnt feel so well. I remember putting myself on the floor, but everyone else says no I fell hard on my butt.  I apparently then started babbling and they got my mom (who works in the ITR office in the PX where I'm set up).  She came down and decided to call Dennis and 911.  By the time the ambulance arrived I was fine again.  Then about an hour after being at the ER it happened again and the nurse just ignored it even though Dennis asked her to get the PA so he could see what I was describing earlier.  I could have sworn I was talking to him the whole time.  He told me that no I would say "I dont feel good" and then for about 2min stare blankly into the ceiling and then shake/tremor once or twice.  I did this 3x that time.  Then about 30min later my HR jumped again and it happened to be while the PA was walking in and he saw it happen.  He said I blanked out and my eyes rolled back and stuff and I had the tremors after the HR calmed down, but again I swear I was talking to him.  So he ran more tests.  It only happened once more than night.  Now we know when my heart rate gets high Dennis stops what he is doing if he is around (if not then I just lay myself down) and he watches me.  I didnt catch 2 of them yesterday and kind of embarassed myself at lunch and dinner w/ his unit (family fun day) because I had food up to my mouth and apparently it just hit both times and I sat there w/ food in hand mouth open and didnt move for like 2min apparently and then after I just went on like nothing happened and finnished eating.  I dont know I'm doing it.  We talked to the neurologist yesterday, and he says he wants an EEG ran because he thinks I'm having mini siezures.  I've also started stuttering out of nowhere.  It sucks massively.  I cant work, drive, nothing.  Dennis leaves in less than a week and I'm not sure what I'm going to do w/ him gone.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Lovely.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM

((HUGS))  I'm so sorry you're going through this, how scary.  You are in my thoughts and I am praying for you : )

tigrefan98
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Also waaaaay OT but you should consider a checkup by a *good* chiropractor in your area. No, it won't affect blood flow, etc. but if you're out of whack/out of alignment it can help your left and right to 'balance' out. After my 2nd daughter was born (2nd c-section) I was walking around like a half sunk pirate ship. After 2 adjustments I could breathe better, hear better, felt better. And I am not a 'natural/alternative/funky' kinda girl. Our doc uses the NUCCA method which means they don't pop or twist anything which I really like. Not a substitute for regular MDs, medication, etc but it has honestly helped me a lot, and my son, and my Mom, and many many friends.

Good luck to you, and hang in there - catching it early is a GOOD thing because it means they can help you sooner and help you more.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I remember being 24 looking at over 30 metal staples on my stomach from a major surgery to determine why I was in the hospital for a 3rd time. I was single and cried all day watching Scooby Doo and CMT marathons. I was so depressed because I thought I would never find TRUE love and have a family looking like that.

You have to live for the moments than for a future. 18 months after my surgery with my mother by my side for that entire time she passed away at 53yrs of age.

macmom3
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this. As a PP said better to catch this earlier than later. I know that doesn't help. When is you DH being deployed and for how long? Do you have family in the area to help at all? Do you plan on getting a second opinion? Maybe that doctor can give other options as far as treatment. Sorry for all the questions.

CorbinsMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM

This actually was the 2nd opinion. The first was that it was nothing big that I kept getting headaches and put me on seizure meds.

DH is deploying in a few months for a year.  We are from here so I will be taken care of if something happens.  I just hope that it doesnt happen.  I was hoping DH could be Rear-D this time, but he cant.  it will be #5 for us, so I'm used to them, but man I wish just once someone would say "Hey stay back".  LOL

Emme_E
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM

So sorry to hear that.. Hang in there.. Are they doing more than aspirin?  I was on Kumadin for a blood clot as a blood thinner.  I had a DVT in my leg that they did surgery on.  I had to be on blood thinners for a year after.. Then got off it and got pregnant, then had to go back on them while pregnant. Now 3 years later, and no side affects..

Good Luck!!!

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Here's a cyber hug for you <<<hug>>> I really hope that works for you. There are other blood thinners that they can try if the aspirin doesn't work so don' t give up hope. Use this as a motivator to live the best way that you can.

cat323
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM

can I ask you to describe the pain as much as you can....the reason I ask this is because my one ds (21) had to quit working for Nascar and had to move back home due to pains in his head he is having them on his left side though. You can see, sometimes, the bone above his ear even protrudes when the pains get bad, he even got shingles which they said is very rare in someone his age. This all started when he hurt his back last summer, I personally believe it has something to do with this but he refuses to pay to see a chiropractor, he wont even pay the $10 co-pay. Hes been to a neurosurgeon who said the MRI showed an enlarged main vein in his head and when the pains start the vein gets so big it is pushing out the bone. Well he went and had an angiogram and when they got inside his head they said they didnt find anything abnormal! I told him to go see an eye doctor, ours is one of the finest in the world even was called over to Russia to deal with the orphans over there that had severe eye issues, anyways he tells Andrew that he couldnt see anything serious within his brain or back of the eye and he feels all this pain is severe migraines due to all the concussions he had growing up.....he was one of those boys that got into everything and was always doing something to himself. When Nascar sent him home he went to get a second opinion and this dr told him he needs to see a neurologist not a neurosurgeon...so this is where we are at. Im so sorry you are going through all this....please know we are all here thinking and praying for you...hugs

CorbinsMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM

It goes from the back of my head (neck area) to the temple.  It throbs so badly as it shoots through.  I can feel the blood vessel throb as it tries to pump blood.  I have extreme sensitivity to light, smells, and sounds.  I become nauseated, dizzy, want to curl up and cry.  It causes my face to go numb or throb with pain too.  My arm and leg on that side are a lot more weak than the other side.  Its crazy to see the replay of the tests (he recorded it today so I could see).  I never noticed things till he pointed them out last time...like how I only drop things w/ my right hand, or how I always have problems now w/ my right knee.  Its all caused by these few blood vessels.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Oh wow I am soo soo soo soo sorry.  baby dustHere is some Pixie dust for you!!  I hope the aspirin regimen helps.  That is a lot do handle and deal with. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)