Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

animal kingdom villas

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm afraid we've really made a mistake with our reservation. I've been hearing horror stories about the transportation from the Jambo house. Anyone ever stayed there? We're going in mid November, so hoping it won't be too crowded, but I've heard it can take an hour and a half to get to other parks.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I've heard similar things but if you don't like it you can always drive. You don't have to pay for parking if you stay on property. I went to the resort when I was there before to see it and really thought it was interesting and beautiful, but the transportation for me is a big deal because I hate the buses. We love the boardwalk area because they have boats to EPCOT and HS and you can also walk.

antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:23 AM
I stayed at jambo for 10 nights..and we went to the parks 9 days..and never was on a bus longer than 30 min. And I think thats a stretch..we went in September..we will be there again for 8 nights this sept. So I can give you a new update when we get back..we will stay in kadani this time..I wouldn't worry..my DH made sure we stayed partial of our trip here..b/c everyone loved it soooo much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cat323
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:47 AM

All depends on when you are going and since you said November it still shouldnt be too bad unless its Thanksgiving week. I have heard that since it is the farthest from the parks, except for AK of course, it takes a bit longer but NOT that long! Also heard that some have had to wait quite a while for the buses.......its a tough call......like I said it all depends on the crowds, this seems to the one of the more popular resorts, I called on Saturday to get a feel for whats available when we go in Sept., not much left at all, yet I have been able to get reservations, for dining, for what I want and I just got them yesterday! Just gotta ask yourself how excited are you to stay there? To me you have the reservations, stay with it and if you arent happy once you get there see if theres anything else available....if you are really concerned about the busing (I dont like Disney busing to begin with, I feel like Im always waiting for a bus) then dont wait call and see what else you can book now.

You have to take into consideration the discounts out there right now, the 40% off rooms, Free DDP...will make somewhat of a difference in these stats:

Disney states:

The Lowest Attendance --

• January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' Week in February
  • The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving
  • The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December

More Moderate Attendance:

• After Presidents' week in February through early March
  • Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
  • Columbus Day Weekend (October)
  • The first part of Thanksgiving week

Highest Attendance:

• Presidents' week in February
  • Mid March through Late April ("Spring Break")
  • Memorial Day weekend
  • Mid June through Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving Day and weekend
  • Christmas week through New Year's Day
crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:24 AM

We joined DVC last year and we'll be staying there for the first time this September so I really can't help with how bad they actually are.  I have also read many posts of people saying it takes a while, but I've also read posts where people called those other people crazy.  If you are driving down I would say give the buses a try for the 1st few times.  If you find it's taking to long then you always have the option to drive over.  If you are flying using Magical Express the only advice I can give is to hope for the best.  I too hope the buses won't be to bad since we'll be going down with 10 adults and 4 children all ages 2 and under lol.  But in all honesty I wouldn't let the buses scare you away from the resort.  You might find that even with having to travel to the parks a little longer and farther is made up by how wonderful the resort is.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

macmom3
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM
We stayed at AKL about 3 years ago and the buses were ok. It took us only a couple of mins to get a bus to AK but to MK is was about 30 mins. We went over to the boadwalk one night and waited 45 mins for a bus to DTD. I guess it depending on where everyone is going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:32 PM
What are your travel dates for AKV in sept?..we will be there 4th-12th

Quoting crazybones27:

We joined DVC last year and we'll be staying there for the first time this September so I really can't help with how bad they actually are.  I have also read many posts of people saying it takes a while, but I've also read posts where people called those other people crazy.  If you are driving down I would say give the buses a try for the 1st few times.  If you find it's taking to long then you always have the option to drive over.  If you are flying using Magical Express the only advice I can give is to hope for the best.  I too hope the buses won't be to bad since we'll be going down with 10 adults and 4 children all ages 2 and under lol.  But in all honesty I wouldn't let the buses scare you away from the resort.  You might find that even with having to travel to the parks a little longer and farther is made up by how wonderful the resort is.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)