Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toll Roads

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:36 PM
  • 17 Replies

If I remember correctly, you have to go through a couple of tolls on your way to WDW from the airport, does anyone know what they cost? Thanks in advance

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coodychan
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I just took my husband to the Orlando airport.  I have a toll pass...so I'm not sure the exact amt. I would say roughly around $5 - $7.  If you're getting a rental, I'd ask them when you go to pick up your vehicle, they should know the exact amt.

mama2mycuties
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:30 PM

we only passed 1 toll booth when we went from airport to our offsite hotel. we don't have tolls where i'm from so i had no idea what i was doing and made the mistake of doing the electronic toll thing.....meaning it charged me an amount per day even though we didn't go through any tolls :( so my advice is don't do that! i believe it was around 7-10dollars to go through the toll once.....but because i did the electronic i got charged 10 a day! 100 dollars!

Ambear72
by Amber on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Oh wow thats a lot of money!!  Im sorry you had to pay $100 for your tolls and you didnt use it.  I ont have tolls where I come from, but I have been to Dallas where they have tolls and it wasnt that much.  If you rent a car you can get it where the tolls are put on your car rental bill.  Ask about that when you rent your car.

lynda0210
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Yes if you go through the e-pass lane and don't  have an electronic device. Takes photo of your tag and you are charged.  I know as I'm from Central Florida and it happened to a friend who thought she had money on her account and did not and was charged 200.00

Quoting mama2mycuties:

we only passed 1 toll booth when we went from airport to our offsite hotel. we don't have tolls where i'm from so i had no idea what i was doing and made the mistake of doing the electronic toll thing.....meaning it charged me an amount per day even though we didn't go through any tolls :( so my advice is don't do that! i believe it was around 7-10dollars to go through the toll once.....but because i did the electronic i got charged 10 a day! 100 dollars!

lynda0210
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM

From the airport to disney you probably have about 2 tolls. I know they just went up on price so I will be in Central Florida next week. I can find out for you.

twnkedee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Lynda, thanks that would be great! All the info online that I have found says around $1.00 per toll, but I imagine that may have changed.

twnkedee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I will look out for the e-pass lane and make sure I am not in it!!

lynda0210
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:22 PM

The E-Pass lane are the two far left lanes you keep driving and don't stop.  I do know they were 1.00 but I know they had talked about going up on prices. To pay you have to go right and pay attendant or throw change in bin. Hope that this heps you out.

Quoting twnkedee:

I will look out for the e-pass lane and make sure I am not in it!!

Mom2Amanda
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:31 PM

If you stay on Hwy. 4, you can get around the tolls.  We just came back, and no tolls.

lynda0210
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM

It takes longer coming from the Airport. Plus there is always an accident or traffice on I-4. The 417 as it's only about a 10-15 minute drive from Airport to Disney. Depending on Traffic.

Quoting Mom2Amanda:

If you stay on Hwy. 4, you can get around the tolls.  We just came back, and no tolls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)