Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

saratoga springs

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

What can you tell me about saratoga springs? were going on our first family trip. DH's first time and DD's first as well.

were staying in a 1 bedroom villa. i wanted old key west but they didnt have anything available BOOOO

so anyhow is it kid friendly the rooms? pool? my daughter is 22 almost 23 months old.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:21 PM
My DD is 4 and we will be there tomorrow for the first time..so I will let u know in a few days! Yay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Amber on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Have you looked it upM. You can get virtual tours online of some places.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:38 PM

We loved Saratoga Springs, but my daughter is 10 years old. We stayed in a one bedroom suite it had a living room, a full kitchen, and a HUGE bathroom. I think my favorite part, though, was the washer and dryer in the room. I loved being able to bring clean clothes home with me!

izzysmom1009
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:08 PM
I'm gonna try to still get old key west. The 1 bedroom is 942sqf and the 1 bedroom are Saratoga is 712sqf and more points.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macmom3
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

We've stayed at SSR twice now and really like it there. We originally stayed when we only had 2 kids. The little one was in a pack-n-play and the older on slept on the pull out couch, we stayed in a studio that time. We stayed there in May in a 2 br with 5 adults and 3 kids. It sounds like a lot of people but the villa was big enough for all of us. The nice thing is having 2 bathroom and a washer and dryer.

I recommend trying to get into the Grandstand area. It less than a 5 mins walk to the carriage house and mail pool. The grandstand area has it's own quiet pool and child water play area.

I wish I could remember the room number, but when you walked out of our building the bus stop was about 100 feet away. It's the first stop for the resort, so you always had a seat to sit down and the first stop when returning to the resort. SSR is a large resort and very layed back. You should enjoy your peaceful stay. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Skyecaitlin88
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:17 PM

We are going in october!!!

Staying in the 2 bedroom suite, with 3 adults, 1 teenager, and 5 kids under 7 :)

antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:15 AM
Thanks macmom!!! "Grandstand area"..I'm going to request it at check in today!!...omg! Today, today, today!!! Ahhhh omg..ok breathe..no seriously!! Ahhh hahaha omg..whooo sigh.. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macmom3
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 7:53 AM
What time is the plane leaving and from where? So I can catch it and walk you thru SSR and point everything out. Have a great time!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tara922c
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:50 AM

We stayed there May 2009, in a one bedroom villa, and it was really nice. Last May we stayed in a Moderate, and missed our villa!! One thing we didn't like about Saratoga is it is HUGE! We had our truck, so that wasn't a problem for us, but I couldn't imagine being there without our vehicle! We had to take a bus just to get to the lobby, OR walk a mile. We were only in the lobby for check in, never saw it again after that. There is several bus stops throughout the resort, so we did use Disney transportation to go to the parks, and that was never a problem. Also, since we did have a fridge, we had drinks, snacks, and full meals in our room, so we really didn't have a need for the lobby or food court anyway. The room was NICE. DD had just turned 2 when we went, and it was so nice to be able to put her down for a nap in the room, and sit it the living area without disturbing her. There are several pools, playgrounds, and bbq areas, all had several children. Have fun!!

antoinettecd
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Haha! I'm in denver now! Whoo boarding the plane to mco

Quoting macmom3:

What time is the plane leaving and from where? So I can catch it and walk you thru SSR and point everything out. Have a great time!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)