Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

About wearing costumes to MNSSHP

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 11:15 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm going to guess they have to be a NSS costume? Reason being is that my 9 yo ds is obsessed with zombies and wants to be a zombie and I doubt very much they'd let him wear the horror of a costume he picked out:

Am I right? Any suggestions?

by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 25, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I tried to find information on the actual guidelines for the costumes. I remember at Disneyland (at least 3 years ago) the guidelines were printed on the tickets. For here, I don't know. I do know that scary costumes ARE allowed. I've seen them in the parks! I don't know if there are any regulations as to how scary a costume can be or not. I'd suggest calling 407WDISNEY and asking them.

mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I've never heard of any regulations on scary costumes but I suppose you could call and find out.

asiamommi
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Really? I'm surprised. I know I'd hate to see that walking toward me if I was a four year old! LOL! I'm kinda looking for an excuse to get him not to wear it as I'm a little put off that he changed his mind about being the Mad Hatter. : \

cat323
by on Sep. 26, 2010 at 6:57 AM

They used to say they just couldnt be obstructive or offensive heres what I found:

COSTUMES
. Guests are encouraged to wear costumes to enhance the event feel
. Costumes should be child-friendly and not obtrusive or offensive
. Adult Guests may wear masks, but masks must not obstruct vision
. Guests that "look like" our Disney characters should will be politely informed that they may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests

Ambear72
by Amber on Sep. 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM
I don't know about guidlines but I do know Meghan would have a heart attack is she saw something like that walking towards her. My boys would love it and think its relly cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_3_angels
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM
You could tell him that you're afraid he wouldn't be able to see with the mask on. there is something in the guidelines about not having an obstructed view.
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM
he may even just get too hot in the costume/mask depending on weather .. it was warm when we did it last year ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asiamommi
by on Sep. 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I'll just tell him it's too scarey to wear to MK and they won't let him in. I have to come up with something for him to wear without buying another costume and hurting is feelings.

Cee670
by Christine on Sep. 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I know my daughter would scream and FREAK out if she saw that.  I dont' remember rules, but I know the only scary people we saw were Malificent and the Wicked Queen.  That was bad enough.  We didn't see any scary guests. 

CorbinsMomma
by on Sep. 27, 2010 at 9:18 AM

i would call and ask about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN