Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Restaurants

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:57 AM
  • 13 Replies

Planning our trip for next year. We've eaten character meals at CP, CM, CRT, Hollywood and Vine, Princess Storytime, and 1900 Park Fare. Which other ones would you recommend? Also for interactive dining Whispering Canyon, 50s Prime Time or others do you like? Our normals places are CP, 1900 Park Fare, Tony's Town Square, Sci-fi but I want to try some new places. Any suggestion?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I like Tusker house in AK: Ohana for breakfast: and Cape May cafe:)

mupt02
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Our favorite meal from our trip was dinner at 'Ohana.  It is not a character meal like breakfast, but there was lots of entertainment for the kiddos.  They all got leis and learned a hula.  They had a coconut race.  There was a limbo contest.  The food was wonderful.  We enjoyed all of our meals, but this one is a definite must-do for us.

Tusker House breakfast was nice.  It had all the traditional breakfast stuff, plus a few new things which was nice.

matofour
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:48 AM

garden grill is a must do.  Its family style buffet, characters.  The restaurant is so cool, we have always had amazing character interaction there.  And the food is yummy!!  One of our top places to eat.

We also love ohana, at the poly for dinner, and for breakfast.  Breakfast is family style buffet, with characters (lilo, stitch, mickey, pluto), they have the very best potatos.  And dinner is family style buffet, no characters.  Shrimp, pork, chicken, pot stickers, the meat (and shrimp), they bring around to the tables on skewers, from the grill.  It is my very favorite restaurant ever.  The peanut sauce is to die for.  (in my opinion)  We always do these three places.

CorbinsMomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I like Garden Grill at Epcot in The Land. Its better than Chef Mickeys and you still see Mickey !!!

CorbinsMomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM

GG is one of our we will go everytime places!!!

MNMom247365
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM

We always do the character breakfast at the Crystal Palace. Food is great and my kids love Pooh and friends.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I LOVE 50's Prime Time Cafe!! You and your family really need to be in the mood for it though, because some of the servers can be intense. I went one time where my friend hand to stand in the corner and repeat "I will not put my elbows on the table" 3 times, but loud enough so that the people at the table on the other side of the room could hear. And I went another time and I had a friend that had to sing "I"m a little teapot" as punishment for not washing her hands after having returned from the bathroom (on top of being told to go wash her hands). It's all in good fun and everyone usually enjoys it, but I have friends that if this happened to them, they'd be really upset! There are also servers that aren't as into it as that. So don't go in fear of public embarassment, but know it's a possibility!!

Also Yak & Yeti is really good. My best friend (the one that had to stand in the corner and say "I will not put my elbows on the table") works there as a server, so ask for Shane if you go!

leahbeah143
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Quoting MomToovey:

I LOVE 50's Prime Time Cafe!! You and your family really need to be in the mood for it though, because some of the servers can be intense. I went one time where my friend hand to stand in the corner and repeat "I will not put my elbows on the table" 3 times, but loud enough so that the people at the table on the other side of the room could hear. And I went another time and I had a friend that had to sing "I"m a little teapot" as punishment for not washing her hands after having returned from the bathroom (on top of being told to go wash her hands). It's all in good fun and everyone usually enjoys it, but I have friends that if this happened to them, they'd be really upset! There are also servers that aren't as into it as that. So don't go in fear of public embarassment, but know it's a possibility!!

Also Yak & Yeti is really good. My best friend (the one that had to stand in the corner and say "I will not put my elbows on the table") works there as a server, so ask for Shane if you go!

My friend had to hold a quarter to the wall with her nose for not eating her beans lol!

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Quoting matofour:

garden grill is a must do.  Its family style buffet, characters.  The restaurant is so cool, we have always had amazing character interaction there.  And the food is yummy!!  One of our top places to eat.

We also love ohana, at the poly for dinner, and for breakfast.  Breakfast is family style buffet, with characters (lilo, stitch, mickey, pluto), they have the very best potatos.  And dinner is family style buffet, no characters.  Shrimp, pork, chicken, pot stickers, the meat (and shrimp), they bring around to the tables on skewers, from the grill.  It is my very favorite restaurant ever.  The peanut sauce is to die for.  (in my opinion)  We always do these three places.

I love pot stickers and peanut sauce but I don't eat red meat or pork...so they have shrimp ones too? Do you know if they have veg ones?

matofour
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I am not exactly sure whats in the pot stickers

The shrimp, pork and chicken is on skewers, right off the grill.

You could go to allears.net

they have all the menus posted.

the peanut sauce is heaven, worth it to go there just for that

Quoting Dawne98:

Quoting matofour:

I love pot stickers and peanut sauce but I don't eat red meat or pork...so they have shrimp ones too? Do you know if they have veg ones?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)