Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shades of Green....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

I guess because we are staying there we cant do the Disney Dining plan.

So on average how much do the sit down restaurants cost?

Is it like Olive Garden? More expensive? Less?

On average how much is a kids meal? An adult meal?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM

That is why we stop staying at SOG...

for TS your looking at $35 for all you can eat. The kids meals at QS I think are like $5.00 or so at a eit down I am not sure the last time we went last Aug one of my DD's was 2 years old she got to eat for free and my other DD was 12 years old at the time and she was $35 also.

LiesLiesLies
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Quoting Dawne98:

for TS your looking at $35 for all you can eat. The kids meals at QS I think are like $5.00 or so at a eit down I am not sure the last time we went last Aug one of my DD's was 2 years old she got to eat for free and my other DD was 12 years old at the time and she was $35 also.

At the time we wanted to go all the other resorts were $465 for a standard room with a view. Even with 40% off that is still like $250 a night...compared to $79? It was just not worth it.

heathermichelle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Quoting Dawne98:

At the time we wanted to go all the other resorts were $465 for a standard room with a view. Even with 40% off that is still like $250 a night...compared to $79? It was just not worth it.

What resorts were you looking at staying at? The Value Resorts are much much cheaper.

LiesLiesLies
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Quoting heathermichelle:

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Quoting Dawne98:

What resorts were you looking at staying at? The Value Resorts are much much cheaper.

Yeah but they were not as nice as SOG. They were $149. And at SOG we got a room next to the pool and have all the lower cost ammenities.

heathermichelle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM

To answer your question, you can look at this link and it shows you around how much the prices are, etc and all the different restaurants, if you haven't looked at it yet :)

Oops, fixed my link.

Cafe Robin
by Robin on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Quoting heathermichelle:

To answer your question, you can look at this link and it shows you around how much the prices are, etc and all the different restaurants, if you haven't looked at it yet :)

The link above is where you can make reservationson the Disney site.  You can also call 407-wdw-dine.

Here is the link to check the menus and prices on all Disney restaurants and snack places:
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

I've never stayed at SOG but I've heard that Military members can also get discounts at the other resorts.  Here's a post with those specials:    2011 WDW Military Offers

The resorts on the monorail line make it really easy to get to the MK and Epcot!

CorbinsMomma
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 9:43 AM

My entire family can eat at Manginos for $40 which is signifiantly less than Disney food. That is a sit down meal (not a buffet) and is very good and relaxing. Way better food than Disney and less expensive IMHO.

We choose SOG over values usually because with the discounts SOG offers its cheaper for us to do that way, plus we get a WAY bigger room and fridge. You get 2 queen beds and a single sleeper sofa, a huge dresser, tv, sep bath and wash area, a balcony or patio, 2x the size of the room, and the fridge for the same price or less (depending on the discount you are using for SOG).  We have stayed there for $30 a night less than the 30% off values at Disney.  If you plan right you can usually come out cheaper on the food end too.  Its a great value if you want a good hotel at a good price and are Military. 

CorbinsMomma
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Its not $35 per person either at the Garden Gallery.  Thats not even close.  Its $10.95 for adults $5.95 for kids a breakfast, and $12 for dinner for adults.  That is way cheaper than Disney's buffet food. 

Dont forget they also have America which is a hotdog and icecream parlor, the little quick service place by the bus stop, the AAFES facility, Evergreens by the pool, room service, and Starbucks.

beautyoperator
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM
allears.net has prices for foods. Some of it may not be 100% correct but it gives you a pretty good idea of what you might spend. Also there are Disney dinning apps for iPhone that include menus and prices.
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Quoting Dawne98:

I am not sure what time of year your going but that is a lot! WE always went to SOG b4 the free dinning if your at Disney hotel:) we had a lot of good times at SOG.  (B4 this month I was looking at going to WDW and getting a room at SOG for 50% off in Sept but my mom and dad are now DVCM lol so no need to go SOG:( But I did want to go one last time lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)