Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Restaurant....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

At Animal Kingdom?

Magic Kingdom?

My daughter is 3 and we will be visiting both these parks.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM

At Aniaml kingdom we like Tusher house and Magic Kingdom Crystal palace each of those have Disney Characters:)

heathermichelle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Does she like Cinderella? If so, I think maybe eating at Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom.  We haven't done it but I have heard mixed reviews on the food.

matofour
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Animal kingdom has limited food.
If you like breakfast we love the tusker house. It's buffet, standard breakfast food. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, goofy, and Donald. That's great!
There is a rainforest cafe there, we love that too. But AK closes early, so you could always go somewhere else to eat. And just snack at AK.

At MK, you could do the castle. It's okay food, but breakfast an lunch have the princess. Crystal palace is okay, not great. Winnie the pooh characters.
There are no characters now but liberty tree is amazing. It's like thanksgiving food. It's yummy.

You could hop on the monorail, you could do Chef Mickey. It's buffet, and characters. It's fun an the kids love it.
Poly has ohana....in my opinion it's the best restaurant Disney has. It's family style buffet, shrimp, pork, peanut sauce, so delicious. They have a guy who sings, and they do coconut races. If you plan it right you can catch the fireworks. This is our very favorite place to eat, my mouth waters just thinking about it.
Your other monorail option is 1900 park fare in grand Floridian. Buffet, amazing food. An cinderella, prince, stepmother and step sisters are there. They characters are hysterical!!! They are the best characters in the park, they will just crack you up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Robin on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:15 AM

In my opinion, if you're only spending 2 days at Disney, you may want to spend them both at the Magic Kingdom or spend the 2nd day at Epcot or Hollywood Studios. 

AK is a nice park but there's not much to do with a 3tr old after the safari.  Even if you had a bigger kid who could go on the other rides, you can finish that park in half a day.

Hollywood studios and Epcot (or a 2nd day at MK) will keep you busy and having lots of fun!

There aren't many restaurants at AK - Tusker house is good for characters.  My favorite resaurant at AK is the Rain Forest Cafe.

The Magic Kingdom is lots of fun:)  You may want to make a reservation at the Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh and right in the center of things) or the Castle (breakfast and lunch has princesses).  A fun place for a quick meal is right next to ity's a small world.  You can get pizzas and salads,etc... and pick a table inside opverlooking the it's a small world ride - or go upstairs and sit on the outside balcony to get a good view of Fantasyland (not many people know about this so it's usually pretty private, too). 

Tony's Tavern on Main Street is a good sit down meal and I also like Cosmic Rays in tomorrowland for burgers.  Peco Bills is good - when it's open!

Here is a link to the menus and prices for all of the Disney restaurants and snack places:
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Have fun!!

Robin

Cafe Robin
by Robin on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:16 AM

You may have already seen this post but, if not, check it out!

Disney Dining - Do you get the plan? Where do you like to eat at Disney?

ashleydavis
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 22, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Animal Kingdom: I'd recommend Yak & Yeti, but that's largely due to the fact that my best friend works there. If you like Asian food, though, it is quite tasty

Magic Kingdom: My favorite is actually Casey's Corner. I can't resist their corn dog nuggets and I'm always putting the cheese on my fries! Cosmic Rays used to be a "must eat" location for us, but since they got rid of the homemade potato chips, it's no different than any other place on property. Columbia Harbour House is an understated diamond. It's seafood, and even when it's busy, it's never that busy!

leahbeah143
by Member on Feb. 22, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Quoting MomToovey:

Animal Kingdom: I'd recommend Yak & Yeti, but that's largely due to the fact that my best friend works there. If you like Asian food, though, it is quite tasty

Magic Kingdom: My favorite is actually Casey's Corner. I can't resist their corn dog nuggets and I'm always putting the cheese on my fries! Cosmic Rays used to be a "must eat" location for us, but since they got rid of the homemade potato chips, it's no different than any other place on property. Columbia Harbour House is an understated diamond. It's seafood, and even when it's busy, it's never that busy!

I always get the Corn dog nuggets too! I actually had a really good BBQ sandwich but I don't remember where it was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)