Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do they truely have the shortest lines you think? WDW

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

A lot of people say Sept but is that really true even when they are always offering the free dinner plan for that month?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM

September is good, there are good weeks in February, November and May also.

Honestly I don;t think there are any perfect weeks anymore. Years ago(maybe 10 or more) we would go in February and I can remember going on space mountain 4 times ina  row without ever having to leave my vehicle. those days are over. People no longer have a problem taking there kids out of school, and there are more folks from other countries traveling in now then ever(and their school calenders don't always mirror ours).

So yes September is good, some weeks better then others...but I wouldn't ever expect to walk on everything at anytime of the year anymore.

patnic
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I've been using a really good book - The Unofficial Guide to Disney World.  And it has a chart that states September is a good month to go if you are worried about attendance.  I got mine at the library  - really good info.

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I have to say b4 2005  we would go at the end of April in to May and if we got into the park 1st thing in the morning and then the EMH came out and we would be able to just go right on rides. But when we went in Aug just to MK we did not wait long to get on rides less then hour with a fast pass. LOL

snowpeasmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Disneyland seems to be the same way. I was wondering

Quoting christina0607:

September is good, there are good weeks in February, November and May also.

Honestly I don;t think there are any perfect weeks anymore. Years ago(maybe 10 or more) we would go in February and I can remember going on space mountain 4 times ina  row without ever having to leave my vehicle. those days are over. People no longer have a problem taking there kids out of school, and there are more folks from other countries traveling in now then ever(and their school calenders don't always mirror ours).

So yes September is good, some weeks better then others...but I wouldn't ever expect to walk on everything at anytime of the year anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:52 AM

We've been in Sept where we walked onto everything... BUT, we also went during a hurricaine..LOL.. NOT the greatest weather...
I liked March (end) it was pretty empty (compared to summer), the weather was great (very springy) and there were still a lot of "things" open and around.  During Sept-- they stop all the street performances and all the "extras" are gone-- since it is a slow time... I didnt know 1st time-- but after going during a "busier, but not busy time".. It is a nicer visit when there are a "few" people there... as opposed to sept.

Kimbalou
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:16 AM

We went in mid Sept in 2007.  We basically walked onto everything except for the big attractions like Test Track, Soarin, and space mountain.   The crowds were extremely low except for the weekend when a lot of locals came.

romalove
by Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I go last week of August/first week of September.  Weather is gorgeous, crowds are small, you can do everything you want to, often multiple times, plus I get free dining.  Can't think of anything better than that.

Cafe Robin
by Robin on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Disney states:

The Lowest Attendance --

• January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' Week in February
  • The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving
  • The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December

More Moderate Attendance:

• After Presidents' week in February through early March
  • Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
  • Columbus Day Weekend (October)
  • The first part of Thanksgiving week

Highest Attendance:

• Presidents' week in February
  • Mid March through Late April ("Spring Break")
  • Memorial Day weekend
  • Mid June through Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving Day and weekend
  • Christmas week through New Year's Day
MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 7, 2011 at 11:43 PM

My favorite times to go are the end of January/beginning of February...but that's just me!

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2011 at 4:27 PM

We were just there from Jan 22-28 and we pretty much walked onto every ride with the exception of Toy Story Mania (had fast pass).  I think the longest stand by line was Pooh and that was only maybe 15 minutes.  I did stand in line so Stella could get Tinks autograph and that was over an hour.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)