Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saratoga Springs?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
I got an email today with an "exclusive" discount, lol: book at least 5 nights in a deluxe resort and get the disney dining plan free or book moderate/value and get the quick service plan. Well, IF we do it, i'd want the TS meal, so deluxe it is! Doing the online booking to get an idea on price. We could get a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for about $5,900 for 7 nights or $5,200 for 6 nights, including airfare, for a family of 5. If we downgraded to Port Orleans and QS, it would be $4,500, so it seems like the 2-bedroom villa and the TS meal is worth that difference, right?

Is Saratoga Springs the one you can see from MK entrance? Would you recommend it? Is there an even cheaper deluxe? We don't really "need" deluxe accommodations since we spend no time in the room, but just looking for the best value for the money...and to take advantage of the better meal plan. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JenE4
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:57 PM
^^Or a Treehouse Villa @ Saratoga for the same price
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Saratoga springs is not the one by MK....

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:31 AM
MK has 4 resorts it's surrounded by.. Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower...

Have you tried pricing the other offers that are currently out? I would price all the offers besides your free dining pin offer just to see which one keeps the most in your pocket..

You could always upgrade the dining plan if you chose the value/ mod option...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenE4
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Quoting littlefoots:

Oh, really?! How do you do that? Just ask and pay the difference? That's a good option! Thanks!

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Quoting JenE4:

Quoting littlefoots:

Oh, really?! How do you do that? Just ask and pay the difference? That's a good option! Thanks!

Yep..  when you make your ressies let the CM know you would like to upgrade the meal plan to whichever you prefer and you will be charged the difference.

UPGRADE COSTS

Quick service to basic, 2011
Regular season:
$11/night/adult, $0/night/child (In 2011, the quick service and basic plans both cost $11.99 for children)
Peak season: $13/night/adult, $1/night/child

Basic to deluxe, 2011
Regular season: $33/night/adult, $9/night/child
Peak season: $31/night/adult, $8/night/child

Quick service to deluxe, 2011
$44/night/adult, $10/night/child

Peak seasons:
March 11 - April 30, 2011
June 3 - August 13, 2011
December 21-31, 2011

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM

PS.. just realized.. while I was updating another post and read where you had wanted to go but trying to get a deal :)   Congrats!!

mommynxander
by Member on Mar. 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM

We at stayed Saratoga Springs last May, which is the resort easily seen from Downtown Disney. We had a 2br in the Grandstand section. We thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. At the time my DS was 3.

Pros: Watching the fireworks from our balcony, my ds loves golf, so our room overlooked the green as well. Perfect! This resort is very quiet, we actually believed we were the only ones on our floor. We had one of the quiet pools outside our entrance. There is a bus stop very close, although  we never used it.  It's just a short walk or ferry ride to Downtown Disney. The main pool was a short walk, and the waterslide was great. The spa is top notch.

Cons: Limited dining options, but Downtown Disney is so close it was never a problem for us. A little ways from the parks, again not a problem  for us. Young kids may not be impressed by the theming.

I've attached a few photos

A view of Saratoga from Characters in Flight..

The view from our balcony

JenE4
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Thanks for the information, ladies! Hubby thinks since we were just there in 2009 we should do something else and go back in a couple of years. He probably has a point since even the kids weren't too excited when I mentioned Disney again, lol! But now I at least have some good info when we do go back! ;-) thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)