Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Disney Planning! Share Your Tips.... Favorite Restaurants and Resorts! (links included)

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you plan your Disney vacations?

Do you book directly through Disney or do you use a travel agent?

How do you get the best rates?

What time of year do you like to visit?

See these posts, too:

by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
Iplantravel
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM
I am new to the group. I fellow mom who is a lurked suggested this sight for something else. I was so excited to find fellow Disney lovers! ;-)

I plan our trips. I am an Authorized Disney Travel Planner. Lol. So it would make sense. ;-)

I love to go during October! Always has been a great time for us. I am sure non of that has anything to do with the fact that when we visit the parks in the fall, we usually do a Disney Cruise as well! ;-)

Currently, I am starting to do more consistent and frugal meal plans to save for our next trip.

Thanks for having me! So glad to be here!
rhymia
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

How do you plan your Disney vacations? We use everything to plan - from Disney's website to the DISBoards (only the planning stuff I stay away from the drama! :D)and I love "The Unofficial Guide To Disney with Kids"

Do you book directly through Disney or do you use a travel agent? We book the room through Disney, buy park tickets from undercover tourist.  

How do you get the best rates? By not doing the package. We go during President's week in February so we know we are going to pay through the nose. The dining plan that week costs over a grand.

What time of year do you like to visit? We go in February. DH is a teacher, and kids are in school. We love it though, because it means that when there is snow and cold here, we are (usully) in a warm sunny place. We have talked about going in the summer, but DH refuses to since it's so hot.

Missy13d69
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

How do you plan your Disney vacations? Did a ton of research weighing the options and prices of offsite and onsite. We are going to Disney as a family of 7. Myself, husband and our 3 gremlins, my mom and my 20 year old brother. We need space, so we decided offsite was the best option for us.

Do you book directly through Disney or do you use a travel agent? I booked it myself.

How do you get the best rates? Research. Research. Research! I found a 3 bedroom townhouse with a private pool at a 5 star resort for $550.

What time of year do you like to visit? Our trip is planned for end of April.

I get a lot of good info from the DISboards!

Tiffytifftiff
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM

We have annual passes so we go when ever. But normally during the week and if we go for a weekend. We stay at a near by hotel. We catch one eveing show one night and then the other the next.

calebsmommy13
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:09 PM

as soon as i have money to get to florida my friend works there and shes going to be able to get me and my son and one other person in for free

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
NeneMama
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We always use the Disney website to figure out the best prices and look for deals, then call to book our trip.  I like to do all the planning!  In fact, I tend to obsess over planning the vacation.  It relaxes me when I am stressed. 

mbrowne1
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM

We plan our Disney vacations around family reunions. 

I'm a Disney TA for Me and the Mouse Travel so I do the booking for myself and about 25 others at the same time in our group :) Before I was a TA, I went directly through Disney but since then I've learned a lot of extra things that make me plan my trip differently than when I thought I was an expert by doing it myself. Booking directly was fun but sometimes you miss out on some of the extra details that make a trip so much better if you don't have someone helping you out. 

I get the best rates by paying attention to all the promotions that Disney offers (getting their TA targeted emails helps!) and by going in the lowest season. 

We go low season, late Jan/early Feb. Some rides might be being refurbished but we can plan it closer to the date and still get great dinner reservations, the ride lines are so much shorter, and the weather is moderate most years.

Bookwormy
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:38 AM
We just went for our 1st time. We had a great time. I book on line & on the phone directly thru Disney. We loved our Art of Animation Ariel room, except how long the bus took & no coffee in room. I'd really like to stay much closer in the future, but an Ariel room was great for us, as was the low cost.

Character meals were great for us too on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I didn't get reservations in time for Be Our Guest, so we didn't get to meet Belle, Mireda (Brave), or the Fairies. My 6yo DD wasn't willing to wait in line without a ride or food involved for characters, though she has some regrets now, especially about the fairies.

BBB was awesome for our 6yo DD! I don't know if we will do it again. I loved our godmother in training.

If you only have a couple days & its a first time visit, I think Magic Kingdom is the way to go!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usndolphin
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:54 PM

i scope out the best deals. we get yearly passes  so sometimes they have great rates for disney  sometimes AAA  it really depends. i dont do the dining plan  i get the tables of wonderland card.  that is great deal since it includes alcohol (went over easter break sisters and their families went and some bills food and alcohol we were saving hundreds)  we are not big drinkers  but a bottle of wine or each adult getting a drink can get pricey.  i always stay in a disney hotel  much easier to get around  plus i love the magical hours. 

JBirecki
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM

We usually just go through the Disney site, probably not the best deals, but it's how we usually plan our trips. We liked going in September because the crowd is much smaller and they usually have lower prices and a free dining plan. I think the longest we waited in line was 30 minutes for the Safari ride, all other lines were much shorter.

I try to make a reservation for Chef Mickey's for breakfast because of the character dining, but my hubby and I also enjoyed Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavilion in EPCOT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)