Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Must see movies before going to Disney World

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 11:22 AM
  • 11 Replies

What are some of the movies which would be good for your children to see before going to WDW (so they better understand rides or characters they will see walking around?) to enhance their experience?

My kids are 6 and 8 - We watch movies and enjoy them.

Toy Story

Finding Nemo

by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FabDarling
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 11:39 AM

the lion king
finding nemo
monsters inc.
lilo and stitch
the princess movies
pirates of the carribean
alice in wonderland
dumbo
peter pan

and lots of disney cartoon shorts.

long list!!!! LOL!!!!........but there's lots of little things going on.

mom22tumblebugs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM

A Bugs Life

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM

def the disney shorts!!!!!  all the ones you girls mentioned,  Whinnie the Pooh if your doing Crystal palace with the characters,

christina0607
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I don't think  anything is a must see. We don't watch a lot of television here and the kids haven't seen many of the Disney Movies.

Of course they still know who the characters are through books and toys.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 4, 2011 at 1:24 PM

I agree with this. My DD is 2 and doesn't watch tv. However, there isn't a Disney character she can't name, including Figment and other obscure characters. Between all her Disney toys and books, her collection is bigger than the list of every Disney animation ever made!

Quoting christina0607:

I don't think  anything is a must see. We don't watch a lot of television here and the kids haven't seen many of the Disney Movies.

Of course they still know who the characters are through books and toys.

dawnee7171
by Member on Apr. 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM

There is a video/DVD out that is a Sing-A-Long through Disneyland.  It has a group of kids singing classic Disney tunes as they go through the park/on the rides.   I know you are going to World, but Magic Kinddom and Disneyland share lots of the same big rides.  I made my kids/nieces watch all summer long before we took off in August.  It really got us pumped to get to the park!  Have fun!  We have to sit Disney out this year :(   Stupid Economy!

FabDarling
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Quoting dawnee7171:

There is a video/DVD out that is a Sing-A-Long through Disneyland.  It has a group of kids singing classic Disney tunes as they go through the park/on the rides.   I know you are going to World, but Magic Kinddom and Disneyland share lots of the same big rides.  I made my kids/nieces watch all summer long before we took off in August.  It really got us pumped to get to the park!  Have fun!  We have to sit Disney out this year :(   Stupid Economy!

the sing a longs are awesome......the one mentioned here is in disneyland - but gives a good overview of a disney park.

they also have a campling disney sing a long one and a beach one and one that is just the animal kingdom and a hallowen one too........they are super cute and show a lot of the parks.

beautyoperator
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2011 at 11:52 AM
If you have Netflix look for the Disney parks shows they have on there. You can also YouTube the different rides.

As far as movies go we love all the Disney movies. Well most of them anyway.
beautyoperator
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Quoting dawnee7171:

The beach party sing along us shot at disney world. It shows both water parks, epcot, the grand Floridian fort wilderness and some other areas as well. Ds loves the sing along videos!
mom22tumblebugs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Thanks for the idea. I borrowed the SingALong Lion King DVD from the library yesterday. They recently watched Lion King.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)