Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Done at Disney, then where do you go?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

When you are done visiting Disney, were else would you go in FL?

We are in an RV and are looking into where else we should go when we are done with Disney on June 25th.

What is great for a 6/8 yr old? Which beaches are more fun for them, Gulf or Atlantic? We were maybe considering either going to Tampa or St Augustine. Our trip is open ended, so we can do whatever.... Just need some ideas...

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Tampa would be nice.. they have Busch Gardens which is now home to a great Sesame Street themed area for the little ones. Clearwater is beautiful with white sanded beaches and the pirate ship rides floating in the water..

I'm sure others will pipe in with some additional ideas... Did you want to stay at any RV camps etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I;d head for the keys... it is beautiful... carribbean without being overseas. There is a neat aquarium, some great parks, take a glass bottom boat. It is a spectacular place. We LOVE it there!!!

mom22tumblebugs
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Yes, we will probably need to stay at campgrounds that can accomodate the larger sized RVs (The grandparents drive a "big rig".. ) and are nice.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM

My son is a HUGE DINOSAUR nut case( future paleontologist as he tells us) so our last trip was a little of everything. So after Disney and the beach, we went 1 hour away from Disney( about 1 hour before Tampa) and stopped at Dinosaur WORLD off I-4.  There was a dino dig, huge Dino statues and other activities. They say it takes about 2 1/2 hours to go through but with our son it took close to 4 hours and HE LOVED IT.  So if anyone has someone that loves Dinosaurs they might want to add it on to their vacation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)