Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone go to WDW with a 5yr old and a 2yr old?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

Of course I'm sure most have gone with kids at that age!

My questions are, what rides were you able to go on and not go on with both kids at the same time? And what were you not able to go on with your 5yr old?

This will be our first time going to WDW and I'm not sure what to expect. We are only going to MK. We just moved to Orlando so we know there will be plenty of time to go to the other parks. There are rides that we for sure want to go on but not sure if they would be able to go on it.

~*Love My Two Girlies*~

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovingwifey
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM

We are going to disney land with a 5 year old, and two 3 year olds.  (almost four)  My son will turn five a week before we go!  We are going July  5th!

EtherealFantasy
by New Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I've been multiple times but don't remember... Go to the MK website & get the measurements for the rides then measure the kids & make a list! Have a blast! It is so much fun!

cmy3kids
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Check out MK's website to get the measurements like the above PP mentioned. Plus you can also do a search on YouTube for videos on what the rides are like. We did this with our kids (ages 12, 9, 7 and 2.5 yrs old) so they got a better understanding on what the ride was going to be like. As far as I know (this is our first time going too) there are plenty of rides the kids can go on but you might find a few that only your 5 yr old is tall enough. They have an option in Disney that you can do a rider swap... so when one parent stands and waits with the child that does not want to go or can't go, the other parent goes with the rest of the kids that do and then you switch. We plan on using this as well since we know our youngest isn't tall enough and also has special needs that does not allow him to go on some either.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Thank you! I will check out the webiste and also go onto youtube!

bmwmom
by Stephanie on May. 21, 2011 at 2:39 PM

We went in March and my kids were 23 months and almost 5.....There were lots of rides where both boys got to ride- MK: Flights of Peter Pan, Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets, People Mover, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, etc....AK: Safari, Triceratops Spin...Epcot: Nemo, Living with the Land

My oldest could go on Test Track, Splash Mnt, Thunder Mnt, Kali River Rapids....and was like an inch away from being able to ride Space Mnt and Everest....He is excited b/c he is tall enough now and will be able to ride when we go in July!

Schleetle
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM
we are on our way home right now. We have twin 8yr olds, and an 18 month old. I thought the baby would like MK, but it was so crowded she was very overwhelmed, and it was hard to enjoy with her at this age. I went just with the boys when they were 6, and it was more fun. So for me I would not go back with a toddler, but she was able to go on small world, and merry go round. Dumbo always has a huge wait in a sunny queue line so we didn't try it this time. She however LOVED Epcot, and the boys did too bc it was so much less crowded, and more open. The countries of the world side wasn't too exciting for them, but they all had fun at futureworld, or futureland whatever its called I cant remember. She went on Nemo, land pavillion boat ride Garden Grille there was great too. Along with a few others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmom224
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I just went with my 5, 3, 2, and 4 month old. Pretty much they can go on all the rides. The only ones the little ones couldnt go on were the coasters. Like thunder mt, splash mt, and space mt. But my 5 yr old was tall enough and since we were there with my cousins they let her ride with them on the thunder mt. They were going to do splash mt but the line was way too long so they did thunder. She liked it and did great. 

One yr my sister took me to a cast memebers and guset end of the yr sale. And I got a growth chart that tells you what rides you can ride for your height. Its nice. That way we can measure the kids and know before hand what they can ride. You might still be able to find it in the stores. Nice to have especially if you will be going a lot. 

Leigh02
by Member on May. 22, 2011 at 8:10 AM

My boys are 8 and 4 and I have been taking them to Disney every year since my 8 year old was 9 months old so we have gone at every stage! This past November, my 4 year old finally hit that coveted 40" that allowed him to ride splash mountain and Big Thunder! lol But we have had at all stages with them both. I do advise you to take a look and see what rides your 3 year old will not be able to go on. I have a nice pdf chart that I can send you that has all the rides for the little ones in each park and the height restrictions. Its a great tool to have with you when you go. but for the most part, your almost 4 year old should be able to go on most of the rides.. is he 40"

krazeerosie
by Jamie on May. 22, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I have gone with a 5yr son and 2 1/2 yr old daughter  back in April 2009( also has a 10 yr old nephew and 10 month old son) along with just me and my husband.  Everything with no height restrictions we all 6 rode. 

With height restrictions of 40 inches or taller it was just me, my 10 yr old nephew and 5 yr old son. Go by the height restrictions you see online and in the park maps. I also packed a flashlight and threw it to the 10 yr old and 5 yr old for dark rides like space ship earth and haunted mansion since they are both afraid of the dark and I couldn't ride with them in the same car. They shined it in the floor when needed and DID AWESOME!!

Goofy Barnstormer back then had the 30 something height restriction( not sure if it was 36 or 38) but my 2 1/2 yr old was able to ride it.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I just got back with a 5 year old and a 3 year old.  We went on many rides together(Small World, carousel,  Peter Pan, Dumbo, Nemo, etc).  They had a blast just looking at everything and going to shows, so even if they could not have gone on any, they would have beem happy.  Oh The Great Movie Ride was one for their favorites and the Backlot Ride both in Hollywood Studios.  They had a Disney Rocks show in HS by the Sorcer's hat, got there early so DD and DS sat in front and DD got asked to dance, so did DS but he ran back to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)