Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone nere knowledgeable about tickets? I have a question...Long, sorry:)

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM
  • 11 Replies
I've been doing some calculations on ticket prices from different sources. I used the WDW site. AAA and Undercover Tourist(3 I know I can trust).
Do these calculations make sense? This is for 3 adult tickets and 2 child tickets.

First to get a 7 day non hopper from the WDW site would be $1,381.32
Then I went to AAA and found the same tickets for $1,323.19
And at UT $1,345.00.

BUT....if I buy the 6 day at UT it only costs $1,257.76

Which to me sounds like the best deal. I went back to the WDW to find out the difference in cost between the 6 and 7 day tickets. For an adult it is $5.03 and a child $4.57. If I add that up for 3 adults and 2 kids that is $24.23.

So after all that here is the question...
Could I conceivably buy the 6 day ticket, use it through the gate and then add a day to them for $24.23? Making them a total of $1,281.99 for our family tickets?

Does it work that way? I have only ever bought tickets in a package from WDW. I have never ventured out to buy then elsewhere. Next year we are going with no meal plan and using the campgrounds, so it probably makes sense to buy tickets elsewhere, right?

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:37 AM

For next year- you can still do it through Disney- esp if they are doing an offer (which includes FT Camp) and it would work out cheaper in your favor.. 

UT-I know if its still available.. they are offering tickets at the "old pricing".. which does give you a difference..

The longer you stay.. the price does go down..esp to "add a day" like you are considering..  so you could do a 6 day.. and yes, add a day.  Ill check into something.. but yes, you shoudl be fine to make that addition.

christina0607
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Every time I priced out a package through disney I came out way more then using Undercover tourist. I'm planning on going in February. there are no "deals" as of now through Disney. I figure even if there are some deals later on, it would not be substantial enough for a tent camper anyway. The site itself is only $46 a night and I can't get free dining so I don't know that there is anything else.

I was nervous about adding the day to an already discounted ticket. But thats not a problem?

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I went and priced the 7 day tickets at AAA,WDW TA, UT..   looks like with the 7 day.. you are getting a slight discount on UT.

UT- I did teh free option which is teh pickup, but you would need to travel over by Uni , to the UPS store to pick them up.

WDW and AAA... you can pick them up free at the gate..

Are you looking at getting them for this year..or next?

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Usually , for the campground they dont dish outthe offers.. but sometimes you may get one..

I am going to call to check on the last part of your question.. 

I know when I priced the above.. it comes to about a 40 difference between UT  and AAA/WDW. WDW/AAA were the same price once you added tax etc.

christina0607
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I'm looking to go in February...possibly March, but I'll buy the tickets soon probably.

I don't mind picking up tickets because we'll have a car and we're driving in.

It looks like through Ut that the 6 day is actually the best deal. the 7 day wasn;t that much of a discount.

ticket prices went up right? so are my WDW prices off? Those look like the old prices? But it's odd that they wouldn't have their ticket prices update.

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I priced them through the TA site, and the AAA site which actually bumps you onto the site I use.  I wanted to see the differences just to make sure they were including taxes.  I know sometimes when you price tickets on sites.. they dont include them and then when you go to checkout.. all of a sudden that good deal.. isnt that great..  (I make sure when I post anywhere.. I give the actual pricing)

Here is what I had come up..

7 day AAA w/tax/pickup - 1381.32

7 day WDW w/tax/pickup- 1381.32

7 day UT- (they gave additional $ off) plus another 1.99  - 1343.01

If you do your plan.. 6 days plus the 1.99 off= 1257.76

I called ticketing..and you can add the day..and its about $5 each ticket. I would do the UT plan like you have and figure an additional $25.. so not bad..

christina0607
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Thanks for looking into that for me. Huge help!

I'm a little confused though. I priced everything out and came out with basically the numbers you did (I forgot tax on the AAA). But...I also posted this on the Disboards and was told my ticket prices were wrong. Which makes no sense to me. Why would you and the WDW site have a certain price...and then their price be different? they said I was off by $8 a ticket. Not a huge difference between the $5 upgrade and the $8 upgrade.....but where are they getting these prices?

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Hmm.. where are they saying you are off by $8?  Only place I saw that come up was at the UT site.. but that is because they are offering you that.. plus they gave an additional 1.99 off your total because of a promo ( new app celebration).

If they had the before-upgrade pricing tickets still available.. that is what they are offering you.  

I also have a feeling I know who told you..you are wrong.  I can call Disney and verify everything for you.. or send you a Disney email if need be..as "he" isnt supposed to be on there anyway. Disney is aware of him.

I would go with the UT.. and they can..mind their own beeswax.  :)

christina0607
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:12 PM

They are saying my WDW site tickets are wrong.

I believe you. You have your TA site right there. I'll see if I can post the ticket prices they gave me...which are completely different then the ticket prices that are on WDW's site. Which logically those prices have to be right...because I can buy them for that, lol.

I think I am going with UT, it makes the most sense. thank you for your help!!!

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Yeppers..anytime.

Just incase..

( To price them I had to include your state- which I think..was MA.. if I am wrong..let me know and I will redo it..  but I think they(disboards) are not including your state taxes etc either..)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)