Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pros and Cons of Old Key West

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have read several pros and cons of old key west but wanted some other thoughts. Our kids are 5 and 2. Also ate there any tricks with the busses? I heard that can be a real problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:48 PM

We have stayed there several times with the last time being in January.  My parents are DVC members and this is their home resort.  We love the main pool and the kids loved going to the Community Hall to do the crafts, play games or rent movies.  As far as the buses we never had a problem.  We would catch it at the Hospitality House stop and never had to wait long.  

Mom to Ian & Stella

christina0607
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I have not stayed there. However on our last trip it was one of our resorts of coice, we ended up not going there mostly because it was so far away from everything. for us that was a huge con.

I'm not a fan of the buses at all, and will never use them again. So I have no tricks, lol.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Never stayed at Old Key West, so I can't help there.  As far as the buses go, i have never had a problem with them.  They can get full at times and sometimes you may need to wait a bit for them(but like cars if there is road traffic they are in it too).  I have also gotten tips and hints from the others on the buses.  It is great being able to go to other places/parks without having to worry about finding a parking space that is not to far away.

mommynxander
by Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM

We just stayed there in a 1BR villa in building number 40 in May for a week. We had a car which was a huge plus since the building was so far from the main house and main pool, but we were right next to the turtle pool area which was nice. I liked the size of units, since we always stay in condo units it's so hard to downsize to a standard size room like at the value resorts. The resort is very quiet, and you definately feel a little removed from the Disney overloads that can happen. We have a 4yr old son and he loved the lighthouse slide, it was very fast. We did take the bus system 1 day, which we usually do at least once every vacation just to remind why we spend the extra for a rental car. We also took the ferry into DTD, which is a plus for us. I would definately stay there again but, would request a room close to the main house. If you are looking for some peace and quiet this is the Disney resort to visit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)