Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Epcot Passports... worth it???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 5:50 PM
  • 23 Replies

Im just finishing up on the autograph books and my next project will be the passports... but im wondering if its worth it to do them. Did your kids enjoy doing them? Did it take up time that you feel couldnt been used better ways? Ive never ever done them so just trying to get some advice if its a must do, or if its just more of a pain to carry the 2 books around all day and stop for stamps and autographs.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I'm learning new things about Disney almost every day being in this group! What is the Epcot Passports supposed to be?

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 6:52 PM

well you can buy them there or you can make your own (like im doing). In each country in Epcot there are places called a Kidcot Station. they kids can do a little coloring craft and then the cast member will stamp your passport from that country and write a little message in that native language.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 6:55 PM

here are a couple examples of pages ... these are from disboards website but ill be making my own designs.  (the ones you can buy there or online i *think* are just blank pages like the autograph books they sell)

romalove
by Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 7:00 PM

When my daughter was younger they used to do masks.  First country you went to they would give you a mask on a big stick, then each country would have a piece to add and you'd color and design them.  Whether or not you have your kids do the project (the passports), DO visit the Kidcot place at each country.  They are a break for your kids if they just want to color for a minute and sit, and I have found characters there.  Once we walked in to the Toy Shop library at England, they have their Kidcot area in the back with a little library there for photo ops, and Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins were sitting at the table coloring lol.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 7:03 PM

ohh thats awesome!!!! thanks for the tip!

Quoting romalove:

When my daughter was younger they used to do masks.  First country you went to they would give you a mask on a big stick, then each country would have a piece to add and you'd color and design them.  Whether or not you have your kids do the project (the passports), DO visit the Kidcot place at each country.  They are a break for your kids if they just want to color for a minute and sit, and I have found characters there.  Once we walked in to the Toy Shop library at England, they have their Kidcot area in the back with a little library there for photo ops, and Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins were sitting at the table coloring lol.

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Masks are still done, now they have Duffy ones... plus the kids learn to say hi or a greeting etc in the countries native language..
gives you and the kids a few minutes break which is nice...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 7:23 PM
They will do it in your autograph book too if you ask. About 2 years ago we started doing that. Some will also write it in English too.

Quoting Rychelle:

well you can buy them there or you can make your own (like im doing). In each country in Epcot there are places called a Kidcot Station. they kids can do a little coloring craft and then the cast member will stamp your passport from that country and write a little message in that native language.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FabDarling
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 7:55 PM

both my girls actually enjoyed doing their passports. (at the time they were 10 and almost 5).....they still have them as a keepsake of that particular trip too.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:00 PM

My nephew(10) and son ( 5) did a few but then they got more involved into wanting to do all the Kim possible mission. My 2 1/2 yr old daughter and 10 month old of course couldn't have bothered at the time with Kidcot.

My daughter loves the parades in all the parks and meet and greets....My oldest doesn't like meet and Greets even when he was 4 yrs old but he loved finding ones his sister would like last trip.

CorbinsMomma
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 7:53 AM

My oldest loved his in Jan.  I had it printed and bound on walmart.com and he really had a good time going around getting it filled out.  We had extra questions on ours to add some more education to it... like "What are people in mexico called?" "What is the capital of mexico?" "Who is the leader of Mexico" etc...and we had them write an interesting fact about the country and a message to his class on it too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN