Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are my kids old enough to really enjoy it?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:44 AM
  • 20 Replies

Me and my husband have been talking about going to disney world next year. Not sure exactly when bc he is military and who knows what will come up between now and then. My husband REALLY wants to go but I am wondering if it is really worth all the money when are kids are so young. My daughter is 3 (will be 4 when we go) so I know she will enjoy it and can do some things. My son is 13 months old so he will somewhere around 2 when we go. We are wanting to go for 7 days but of course our trip will last a few days longer bc of the drive. I don't really have anyone to care for him while we go since it would be for so long plus I haven't had anyone watch my kids any longer then like a day lol.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:48 AM

We went for Hailey's 5th bday on July 30th. My youngest, Chloe is 2 (she turned 2 in April). She LOVED every minute of it!! We were there from about 7:45am (we had an appointment at the BBB at 8am for Hailey) and left at 11pm. Chloe did not fuss one bit! We have gone one other time to MK and one time to AK since last month and she still loves it! Just this morning she told me she missed Mickey and Minnie!

Arbogast
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I have taken my daughter since she was 12 months old. Your kids are right at the fun age where characters are exciting to them. I have some amazing pictures of her with all the princess's. I would go enjoy it and have fun, making family memories is what is amazing about being a parent. They will do great.

christina0607
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM

All of my kids went for the first time at the age of 2(before that they stayed with the inlaws) and I personally felt like this was the perfect time to go. They loved it and totally ate up all the magic. I'm glad I didn't wait longer.

matofour
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Yes! They will love it! Wonderful ages!
It's real, it's magical!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2LandL
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:55 AM

We took my middle when he was 8 months old---my oldest was almost 3.  (He goes every year for his birthday).  We wouldn't have teken the baby if not for the oldest, but he did enjoy himself.  All the colors, music, and people were entertaining to him.

amzbrznjz
by Heather on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I have taken all my kids since each one has been the age of 1, yes we go every year...it is amazing to experience DW through the eyes of a 2-4 year old...

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:32 PM
I think any kid 2 and up is old enough to really enjoy it...sometimes 18 months even...but definitely by 2!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynameismuerte
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:35 PM
That is a truly magical age for Disney. We went last year when our kids were 4, barely 2 and 6 months. It was SO much fun for the older 2. Now they always ask to go to WDW (even though the younger 2 don't remember it) lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
runner-mom
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:46 PM

We waited for this reason.  My sons will be just about 3 (well, 3 weeks from his birthday) and my oldest will be turning 5 while we are there.  I think it's the PERFECT age!

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:46 PM

absolutely!!!!! great ages!! its when the magic is s real for them!! we took my oldest at 5 months and 2. he still remembers his visit when he was 2!! (hes goign to be 7 in 2 weeks!) when we go next month he willbe 7 and my youngest is almost 4. Both super excited but now my 7 yr old knows the characters arent real and stuff.. so that kinda dims some of the magic.. to see the 2-4yr olds look at those characters and think they are REALLY Mickey and Cinderella etc its just an amazing thing to experience as a parent!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)