• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney in May?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 14 Replies

How is the weather and crouds typically in May?  We went 10 years ago during that time, but I'm sure things can change in that amount of time

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disneymommaof4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:21 PM

We LOVE the first full week in May the crowds are always low and the temps are nice.....usually high 80's and Flower & Garden Show is still going on in EPCOT!

Hi Im Cat and Im a Disneyholic! Married 25yrs(May2nd 1986) to ret AFNG MstrSgt and civy cop...Steve...mom to 4 guys (24,22,20,17)

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM

we wentthe end of april this yr and it wasnt bad. the wether is ify. depends on when it starts to warm up but nothing near as bad as as right now. 

Beverett601
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:37 PM
We are going the last week in May cause that's when they have the Star Wars weekends at MGM it is 2 weekends in may and 2 weekends in June!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommyAnne
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:34 PM
I didn't even think of star wars. My kids would flip. We would be going the weekend of the 19+20th. Will that be a star wars weekend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Quoting MedicMommyAnne:

I didn't even think of star wars. My kids would flip. We would be going the weekend of the 19+20th. Will that be a star wars weekend?

If they continue with the May/June dates.. yes 19th & 20th would be included.  It can get crazy during those days at DHS... but if you love SW..  this is a definite MUST DO!!

disneymommaof4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:26 PM

We go a lot in the beginning of May because of our anniversary and its never been below the 80's and we've even seen 90's so I guess it depends on what you consider warm...we are from NY and well thats warm to us for May

Hi Im Cat and Im a Disneyholic! Married 25yrs(May2nd 1986) to ret AFNG MstrSgt and civy cop...Steve...mom to 4 guys (24,22,20,17)

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Iwould love that weather now. My electric bill needs a break from this heat. I am in FL I do prefer the 70s but 80s is definately a lot better then the high 90s with feels like in the triple digits. But sometimes we have stayed in the 70s a bit later than may. 

Quoting disneymommaof4:

We go a lot in the beginning of May because of our anniversary and its never been below the 80's and we've even seen 90's so I guess it depends on what you consider warm...we are from NY and well thats warm to us for May

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:51 AM

From 2000-2006 that was the only time of year we would go! We love WDW end of April into the 1st week of May:)

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:10 PM

We went this past May.  It was the last weekend of The Flower and Garden Festival.  The crowds were not to bad and the weather was great.  It rained the first day, but we missed the down pour.  We had lunch at The Coral Reef in EPCOT.  It was dry when we went in and when we came out everything was wet.  For an hour or two afterward it drizzled off and on, but never enough to put on a poncho.  We just got damp(never 'wet').  We all(me, DH, DD and DS)had on baseball caps so we never had any rain in our eyes, DH and DS wear glasses so that would have killed the day. 

The kids wore shorts the whole time, I wore capri pants and DH wore light pants(he takes medicine that makes him burn easily, he rarely[just about never] wears shorts).

This is deceiving because it was taken right after the gates opened(I doubt many people had gotten to far past the castle yet).  Only a few rides had 45 minute or longer wait, and even most of them moved faster then the wait time was marked.

ccasmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:42 PM

we are thinking about going down may 26 to june 9th but we are staying offsite it will be cheaper for us. I wanted to wait till my daughters last day of school cuz i really don't want to take her out for the begining of may just for her to go 2 week and then shes done. Hope you have a great time when you go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)