Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will be so sad if the results of the survy turn out bad...DisneyLAND ride related

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM
  • 7 Replies

I got a survy from Disneyland asking me about three rides and from the jist of it I think they are thinking really hard about replacing 3 of them, two of which are at Disneyworld but one is exclusive to Disneyland and that is the one I am really worried about. The survey asked how often if ever I rode Space Mountain, when in Intovention (sp?), or rode the Matterhorn.

I don't ride space mountain because its jerky (all of disneyland coasters imo are jerky) and my son doesn't like it. Its more because my son doesn't like it. before him I would always hit it up but if it goes I won't cry. I would be extatic if they replace it with a ride like rock'n roller coaster...

Intovention frankly I have NEVER liked that building I go in about once a year just to remember what is in there and am always mmeh when I leave, I can see the appeal to some its just not my thing and my son doesn't like it either. (kind of wierd cause he loves technology but he doesn't like that area?)

Now the Matterhorn, now that is just DISNEYLAND, that to me is like getting rid of the jungle cruise or the train around the world,  I LOVE that ride, the only reasons we don't ride it EVERY TIME we are there is my son is boarder line autistic, technically qualifies but we go to disneyland so often I don't get the pass, so if the line is over 40 mins he can't handle the line unless I hold him and he is over 40 pounds, and it wouldn't be that bad to just hold him but he startes poking at me and pulling on my face, its just part of him. When he was two I still put him in my wrap from the begining and could usually distract him with other things long enough but now...Anyways he just loves that ride it is one of his favorite, it was his favorite until he hit 42 inches and now can ride goofy coaster and thunder mountain. Anyways I will be soooo upset if they get rid of that ride they just can't.

Thanks for listening to my vent. What do you think? If they got rid of those ride would you be upset or mhee or happy for something new?

Penguins Pictures, Images and Photos

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jeffsgirl9
by Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I really like innoventions but I do think that they can change a few things in there. I'd take my DD in there when it was just so hot outside because it was cooler in there. When my DH got off work we would go in there and make our own roller coasters, ride segways, do the firefighter game (we do seperate teams ;) ). But if they could change things, then it'd be awesome. Like instead of having hand control video games, have the xbox kinect. Now I think all ages would have fun with that.

I really like space mountain. Whenever we are on the boat or monerail all of the kids are like, ooh mommy, daddy, look space mountain! They are always eager to see that.

mom22tumblebugs
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Space mountain is iconic. I can't see it getting replaced. It had a 40 min wait at 2am when I was there this past summer.

matofour
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you rode space mountin since they did the refurbshiment? Wow. Just wow! We usually do disneyworld, but we're lucky enough to hit Disneyland last summer. Disneylands space mountin kills disneyworlds version! So smooth, so fast! It was awesome!!
Matterhorn is iconic, they will never get rid of it.
Innoventions was fun, but since Disneyland has limited space to build, I could see them replacing that with something else eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Yes i have done space mountain since it was redone. It is smoother, Its also darker. I dont like the music they put in your ears now i am sure when my son gets older he will love the ride if Its still there.

Quoting matofour:

Have you rode space mountin since they did the refurbshiment? Wow. Just wow! We usually do disneyworld, but we're lucky enough to hit Disneyland last summer. Disneylands space mountin kills disneyworlds version! So smooth, so fast! It was awesome!!

Matterhorn is iconic, they will never get rid of it.

Innoventions was fun, but since Disneyland has limited space to build, I could see them replacing that with something else eventually.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenskittlessp
by Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:51 AM

My son is a sensory seeker. We often go cuz he needs the sensory input. Matterhorn (sp),Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion (not so much for sensory its just his love repeating the story lines on this ride) are the MUST ride rides. He has done the i'm scared m stuff will hold our hands super tight on the ride (Space Mountain) but it still is a must do. Disneyland would not be Disneyland with out Space Mountain and Matterhorn (sp). The intoventions thing I have not been in since I was a kid.

tigrefan98
by Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I would love it if they'd bring back the Carousel of Progress - kinda cheesy, yes, but was old school Disney, had some 'educational value', I love how the place rotates. My son got a kick out of seeing ASIMO the walking robot, Disneyland ompared to WDW has relatively less for boys/teens (versus Epcot, DHS, etc).  Innoventions is also a great indoor spot if it's crazy hot or raining, lots of ads.

Does anyone else remember 'Communicore' from Epcot? Back when computers were brand new and they had voice command and tablets and things that are now very basic but back then they blew us away...I guess I am revealing my age!!

PinkyLove
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 1:19 AM
I would be very sad if they replace the Matterhorn or Space Mountain =( Innovations is a good place to get out of the sun and its never really busy so its like a place to hang out with air conditioning and cool gadgets, I could see that being replaced since there is never a line and the other two are always very busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)